Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Anticipate generic drug launch
Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Compounds and methods for delivery of prostacyclin analogs|
|Abstract:||This invention pertains generally to prostacyclin formulations and methods for their use in promoting vasodilation, inhibiting platelet aggregation and thrombus formation, stimulating thrombolysis, inhibiting cell proliferation (including vascular remodeling), providing cytoprotection, preventing atherogenesis and inducing angiogenesis.|
|Inventor(s):||Phares; Ken (Chapel Hill, NC), Mottola; David (Cary, NC), Jeffs; Roger (Chapel Hill, NC), Wade; Michael (Chapel Hill, NC)|
|Assignee:||United Therapeutics Corporation (Silver Spring, MD)|
1. A method of treating pulmonary hypertension comprising intravenously administering to a human suffering from pulmonary hypertension a formulation for intravenous
administration comprising a therapeutically effective amount of treprostinil or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt or ester thereof and a diluent selected from the group consisting of sterile water, isotonic aqueous saline solution, and 5% dextrose
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the therapeutically effective amount of treprostinil in the formulation is in the form of an ester.
3. The method of claim 2, wherein the ester is a compound of formula: ##STR00031## wherein, R.sup.1 is independently selected from the group consisting of H, substituted and unsubstituted benzyl groups, and groups wherein OR.sup.1 are substituted or unsubstituted glycolamide esters; R.sup.2 and R.sup.3 may be the same or different and are independently selected from the group consisting of H, phosphate and groups wherein OR.sup.2 and OR.sup.3 form esters of amino acids or proteins, with the proviso that all of R.sup.1, R.sup.2 and R.sup.3 are not H; an enantiomer of the compound; and pharmaceutically acceptable salts of the compound and polymorphs of the compound.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the therapeutically effective amount of treprostinil in the formulation is in the form of a salt of treprostinil.
5. The method of claim 4, wherein the therapeutically effective amount of treprostinil in the formulation is in the form of a polymorph of a salt of treprostinil.
6. The method of claim 5, wherein the polymorph is a polymorph of a diethanolamine salt of treprostinil.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein the formulation comprises a therapeutically effective amount of treprostinil or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
8. The method of claim 7, wherein the diluent consists of sterile water.
9. The method of claim 7, wherein the diluent consists of isotonic aqueous saline solution.
10. The method of claim 8, wherein the intravenous administration provides a level of treprostinil bioavailability approximating that from a subcutaneous infusion of treprostinil sodium.
11. The method of claim 9, wherein the intravenous administration provides a level of treprostinil bioavailability approximating that from a subcutaneous infusion of treprostinil sodium.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.