DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 9,180,194
|Title:||Method and composition for transdermal drug delivery|
|Abstract:||The invention is directed to a transdermal drug delivery composition which includes at least one physiologically active agent; and at least one volatile solvent; and at least one viscosity modulating agent. The invention extends to methods of administering such a composition to a subject and treatment of subjects using the composition.|
|Inventor(s):||Dipietro; Tony (Templestowe Lower, AU), Humberstone; Andrew (Vaud, CH), Gonda; Igor (South Yarra, AU), Watkinson; Adam (Lympne, GB), Setiawan; Kerrie (South Yarra, AU), Wilkins; Nina (Kensington, AU)|
|Assignee:||ACRUX DDS PTY LTD (West Melbourne, Victoria, AU)|
|Patent Litigation and PTAB cases:||See patent lawsuits and PTAB cases for patent 9,180,194|
1. A method of increasing the testosterone blood level of an adult male subject in need thereof, comprising applying to at least one axilla of the subject in a
non-occlusive manner, a transdermal composition comprising: (a) testosterone; (b) from 40% to 99% v/v of volatile solvent selected from ethanol, isopropanol and mixtures thereof; and (c) from 0.01 to 15% w/v of octyl salicylate.
2. A method according to claim 1, wherein the composition further comprises from 1-5% w/v of thickener.
3. A method according to claim 2, wherein the thickener is polyvinylpyrrolidone.
4. A method according to claim 1, wherein the adult male subject is suffering from androgen deficiency.
5. A method according to claim 1, wherein the adult male subject is suffering from hypogonadism.
6. A method according to claim 5, wherein the testosterone is applied in an amount to provide a serum level in the range of from 300 to 1000 ng/dh.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.