Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Peripheral opioid receptor antagonists and uses thereof|
|Abstract:||The present invention provides a compound of formula I: ##STR00001## wherein X.sup.-, R.sup.1, and R.sup.2 are as defined herein, and compositions thereof.|
|Inventor(s):||Bazhina; Nataliya (Tappan, NY), Donato, III; George Joseph (Swarthmore, PA), Fabian; Steven R. (Barnegat, NJ), Lokhnauth; John (Fair Lawn, NJ), Megati; Sreenivasulu (New City, NY), Melucci; Charles (Highland Mills, NY), Ofslager; Christian (Newburgh, NY), Patel; Niketa (Lincoln Park, NJ), Radebaugh; Galen (Chester, NJ), Shah; Syed M. (Delray Beach, FL), Szeliga; Jan (Croton On Hudson, NY), Zhang; Huyi (Garnerville, NY), Zhu; Tianmin (Monroe, NY)|
|Assignee:||Wyeth, LLC (Madison, NJ)|
1. A composition comprising a compound of formula III: ##STR00031## wherein A.sup.- is an anion of a Bronsted acid, wherein the composition is substantially free of tungsten, and
wherein the composition comprises less than 190 ppm of a compound of formula II: ##STR00032## wherein X.sup.- is an anion of a Bronsted acid.
2. The composition of claim 1, wherein the Bronsted acid is selected from the group consisting of a hydrogen halide, a carboxylic acid, a sulfonic acid, a sulfuric acid, and a phosphoric acid.
3. The composition of claim 1, wherein X.sup.- or A.sup.- is selected from the group consisting of chloride, bromide, iodide, fluoride, sulfate, bisulfate, tartrate, nitrate, citrate, bitartrate, carbonate, phosphate, malate, maleate, fumarate, sulfonate, methylsulfonate, formate, carboxylate, methylsulfate, trifluoroacetate, and succinate.
4. The composition of claim 3, wherein X.sup.- or A.sup.- is bromide.
5. The composition of claim 1, wherein the tungsten is present in an amount of less than about 60 parts per billion.
6. The composition of claim 1, wherein the compound of formula III is provided in a solution.
7. The composition of claim 6, wherein the solution comprises about 8 mg of the compound of formula III in about 0.4 mL water.
8. The composition of claim 7, wherein the compound of formula III is of formula III-1: ##STR00033##
9. The composition of claim 6, wherein the solution comprises about 12 mg of the compound of formula III in about 0.6 mL water.
10. The composition of claim 9, wherein the compound of formula III is of formula III-1: ##STR00034##
11. The composition of claim 1, wherein the compound of formula III is contained within a package that is substantially free of tungsten.
12. The composition of claim 11, wherein the package is selected from the group consisting of a syringe, a vial, and an ampoule.
13. The composition of claim 12, wherein the package is a syringe.
14. A method for treating a gastrointestinal disorder in a subject comprising administering the composition of claim 1.
15. The method of claim 14, wherein the gastrointestinal disorder is constipation.
16. The method of claim 15, wherein the constipation is opioid-induced.
17. The method of claim 14, wherein the subject receives opioids chronically.
18. The method of claim 14, wherein the subject is a cancer patient.
19. The method of claim 14, wherein the method comprises administering the composition via subcutaneous injection to the subject.
20. A composition comprising a compound of formula III-1: ##STR00035## wherein the composition is substantially free of tungsten, and wherein the composition comprises less than 190 ppm of a compound of formula II-1: ##STR00036##
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.