DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
Email this page to a colleague
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 9,125,908
|Title:||1-[2-(2,4-dimethylphenylsulfanyl)-phenyl]piperazine as a compound with combined serotonin reuptake, 5-HT.sub.3 and 5-HT.sub.1A activity for the treatment of cognitive impairment|
|Abstract:||1-[2-(2,4-dimethylphenylsulphanyl)phenyl]piperazine exhibits potent activity on SERT, 5-HT.sub.3 and 5-HT.sub.1A and may as such be useful for the treatment of cognitive impairment, especially in depressed patients. ##STR00001##|
|Inventor(s):||Bang-Andersen; Benny (Copenhagen S, DK), Mork; Arne (Malov, DK), Stensbol; Tine Bryan (Vaerlose, DK), Faldt; Andre (Ishoj, DK), Holm; Rene (Jyllinge, DK), de Diego; Heidi Lopez (Naerum, DK)|
|Assignee:||H. Lundbeck A/S (Copenhagen-Valby, DK)|
|Patent Litigation and PTAB cases:||See patent lawsuits and PTAB cases for patent 9,125,908|
1. A method of treating cognitive impairment involving decline in speed of processing, executive function, attention, or verbal learning and memory in a patient
diagnosed with depression, the method comprising: administering a therapeutically effective amount of Compound I or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof to the patient, wherein Compound I is 1-[2-(2,4-dimethylphenylsulfanyl)-phenyl]piperazine,
Compound I or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof is crystalline and is administered at a daily dose of 1-20 mg, and the method alleviates a symptom or complication of the cognitive impairment or delays the progression of the cognitive impairment.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein Compound I or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof is a hydrobromide salt of 1-[2-(2,4-dimethylphenylsulfanyl)-phenyl]piperazine.
3. The method of claim 2, wherein the hydrobromide salt is characterized by XRPD reflections at 6.89, 9.73, 13.78 and 14.64+/- 0.10.degree. 2.theta..
4. The method of claim 3, wherein the hydrobromide salt is characterized by an XRPD as shown in FIG. 3.
5. The method of claim 3, wherein the hydrobromide salt has a particle size distribution corresponding to: D98%: 650-680 .mu.m; D50%: 230-250 .mu.m; and D5%: 40-60 .mu.m; D98%: 370-390 .mu.m; d50%: 100-120 .mu.m; and D5%: 5-15 .mu.m; D98%: 100-125 .mu.m; D50%: 15-25 .mu.m; and D5%: 1-3 .mu.m; or D98%: 50-70 .mu.m; D50%: 3-7 .mu.m; and D5%: 0.5-2 .mu.m.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the depression is generalized depression.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein the depression is major depressive disorder.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein the depression is postnatal depression.
9. The method of claim 1, wherein the depression is a depression associated with bipolar disorder.
10. The method of claim 1, wherein the depression is a treatment resistant depression.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.