|Title:||Methods for treating otic infections|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to methods for treating an ophthalmic, otic, or nasal infection comprising treating the infected tissue with a composition comprising finafloxacin or a finafloxacin derivative. The present invention also relates to antimicrobial compositions comprising finafloxacin or a finafloxacin derivative. The compositions are suitable for the treatment of ophthalmic, otic, or nasal infections.|
|Inventor(s):||Stroman; David W. (Irving, TX), Chowhan; Masood A. (Arlington, TX), Appell; Kenneth C. (Burleson, TX)|
|Assignee:||Alcon Research, Ltd. (Fort Worth, TX)|
1. A method for treating acute otitis externa or acute otitis media with tympanostomy tubes, said method comprising: instilling a topical otic composition comprising
finafloxacin into the external ear canal of a subject.
2. A method according to claim 1, said composition having a finafloxacin concentration of 0.3 to 0.4 w/v % and a pH of 5.0 to 6.0.
3. A method according to claim 2, said composition further comprising magnesium chloride at a concentration of 0.3 to 1.0 w/v %.
4. A method according to claim 1 wherein said topical otic composition further comprises an anti-inflammatory agent.
5. A method according to claim 4 wherein said anti-inflammatory agent is dexamethasone.
6. A method according to claim 5 wherein said dexamethasone is present at a concentration of 0.01 to 1.0 wt. %.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.