|Title:||Methods for treating otic infections|
|Abstract:|| The present invention relates to methods for treating an ophthalmic, otic, or nasal infection comprising treating the infected tissue with a composition comprising finafloxacin or a finafloxacin derivative. The present invention also relates to antimicrobial compositions comprising finafloxacin or a finafloxacin derivative. The compositions are suitable for the treatment of ophthalmic, otic, or nasal infections.|
|Inventor(s):|| Stroman; David W. (Irving, TX), Chowhan; Masood A. (Arlington, TX), Appell; Kenneth C. (Burleson, TX) |
|Assignee:|| Alcon Research, Ltd. (Fort Worth, TX) |
1. A method for treating acute otitis externa or acute otitis media with tympanostomy tubes, said method comprising: instilling a topical otic composition comprising
finafloxacin into the external ear canal of a subject.
2. A method according to claim 1, said composition having a finafloxacin concentration of 0.3 to 0.4 w/v % and a pH of 5.0 to 6.0.
3. A method according to claim 2, said composition further comprising magnesium chloride at a concentration of 0.3 to 1.0 w/v %.
4. A method according to claim 1 wherein said topical otic composition further comprises an anti-inflammatory agent.
5. A method according to claim 4 wherein said anti-inflammatory agent is dexamethasone.
6. A method according to claim 5 wherein said dexamethasone is present at a concentration of 0.01 to 1.0 wt. %.