Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||LFA-1 inhibitor and methods of preparation and polymorph thereof|
|Abstract:||Methods of preparation and purification of a compound of Formula I, intermediates thereof, a polymorph thereof, and related compounds are disclosed. Formulations and uses thereof in the treatment of LFA-1 mediated diseases are also disclosed. ##STR00001##|
|Inventor(s):||Zeller; James Robert (Scottsdale, AZ), Venkatraman; Sripathy (Slingerlands, NY), Brot; Elisabeth C. A. (Albany, NY), Iyer; Subashree (Guilderland, NY), Hall; Michael (Albany, NY)|
|Assignee:||SARCODE BIOSCIENCE, INC. (Brisbane, CA)|
1. A method of synthesizing a compound of Formula I: ##STR00029## or a salt thereof, comprising the steps: a) performing hydrolysis of Formula AA with a base under biphasic
conditions: ##STR00030## wherein R is a carbon-containing moiety or a silyl-containing moiety; and b) isolating said compound of Formula I or a salt thereof.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the biphasic conditions include aqueous acetone.
3. The method of claim 2, wherein the aqueous acetone is about 30% aqueous acetone.
4. The method of claim 2, wherein the aqueous acetone is present in an amount ranging from about 1:1 to about 5:1 by weight with respect to Formula AA.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the base is sodium hydroxide.
6. The method of claim 5, wherein the sodium hydroxide is added in an amount ranging from about 1.0 to about 1.5 equivalents.
7. The method of claim 6, wherein the sodium hydroxide is added in an amount of about 1.2 equivalents.
8. The method of claim 1, further comprising a phase transfer catalyst.
9. The method of claim 8, wherein said phase transfer catalyst is a quaternary ammonium salt.
10. The method of claim 9, wherein said quaternary ammonium salt is tetrabutylammonium hydroxide.
11. The method of claim 8, wherein said phase transfer catalyst is present in an amount ranging from about 0.01 equivalents to about 0.5 equivalents.
12. The method of claim 1, wherein R is a substituted or unsubstituted group selected from lower alkyl, lower alkenyl, lower alkynyl, cyclo(lower)alkyl, cyclo(lower)alkenyl, aryl, aralkyl, heterocyclyl, and heteroaryl groups.
13. The method of claim 1, wherein Formula AA is: ##STR00031##
14. The method of claim 1, further comprising purifying said compound of Formula I by recrystallization.
15. The method of claim 14, wherein said recrystallization is performed with aqueous acetone.
16. A composition comprising a compound of Formula I: ##STR00032## wherein said compound is synthesized by a process comprising the following steps: a) performing hydrolysis of Formula AA with a base under biphasic conditions: ##STR00033## wherein R is a carbon-containing moiety or a silyl-containing moiety; and b) isolating said compound of Formula I or a salt thereof, and further wherein said compound has an optical purity of >98%.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.