Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Manage your formulary budget
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Compounds and methods for delivery of prostacyclin analogs|
|Abstract:||This invention pertains generally to prostacyclin analogs and methods for their use in promoting vasodilation, inhibiting platelet aggregation and thrombus formation, stimulating thrombolysis, inhibiting cell proliferation (including vascular remodeling), providing cytoprotection, preventing atherogenesis and inducing angiogenesis. Generally, the compounds and methods of the present invention increase the oral bioavailability and circulating concentrations of treprostinil when administered orally. Compounds of the present invention have the following formula: ##STR00001##|
|Inventor(s):||Phares; Ken (Chapel Hill, NC), Mottola; David (Cary, NC), Batra; Hitesh (Herndon, VA)|
|Assignee:||United Therapeutics Corporation (Silver Spring, MD)|
1. A method of producing a pharmaceutically acceptable salt of treprostinil comprising dissolving treprostinil in a solvent, adding a base, heating, and cooling in an
antisolvent to form a pharmaceutically acceptable salt of treprostinil as a crystalline solid.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the base is an inorganic base.
3. The method of claim 2, wherein the base is an alkali metal.
4. The method of claim 3, wherein the alkali metal is sodium or potassium.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the base is an organic base.
6. The method of claim 5, wherein the organic base is diethanolamine.
7. The method of claim 3, wherein the solvent comprises ethanol and water.
8. The method of claim 5, wherein the solvent comprises ethanol and water.
9. The method of claim 1, wherein the antisolvent comprises acetone.
10. A pharmaceutically acceptable crystalline salt of treprostinil produced by the method of claim 1.
11. A pharmaceutical composition prepared by combining a pharmaceutically acceptable salt of treprostinil produced according to the method of claim 1 and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.