DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
Try a free trial
See Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 9,034,822
|Title:||Methods of using antibodies during anticoagulant therapy of dabigatran and/or related compounds|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to antibody molecules against anticoagulants, in particular dabigatran, and their use as antidotes of such anticoagulants.|
|Inventor(s):||Van Ryn; Joanne (Warthausen, DE), Park; John Edward (Warthausen, DE), Hauel; Norbert (Schemmerhofen, DE), Kunz; Ulrich (Biberach an der Riss, DE), Litzenburger; Tobias (Mittelbiberach, DE), Canada; Keith (Southbury, CT), Singh; Sanjaya (Sandy Hook, CT), Waterman; Alisa (Weston, CT)|
|Assignee:||Boehringer Igelheim International GmbH (Ingelheim am Rhein, DE)|
1. A method for reversing the anticoagulant effect of dabigatran or 1-O-acylglucuronide of dabigatran in a patient being treated with dabigatran, dabigatran etexilate, a prodrug of
dabigatran or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, comprising administering an effective amount of an antibody molecule which comprises a heavy chain variable domain with a CDR1 of SEQ ID NO:1, a CDR2 of SEQ ID NO: 7, and a CDR3 of SEQ ID NO: 10,
and a light chain variable domain with a CDR1 of SEQ ID NO: 13, a CDR2 of SEQ ID NO: 14, and a CDR3 of SEQ ID NO: 15 to a patient in need thereof.
2. The method according to claim 1 which comprises a heavy chain variable domain of SEQ ID NO: 24 and a light chain variable domain of SEQ ID NO: 27.
3. The method of claim 1 wherein the antibody molecule is a polyclonal antibody, a monoclonal antibody, a human antibody, a humanized antibody, a chimeric antibody, a fragment of an antibody, a single chain antibody, a Small Modular Immunopharmaceutical (SMIP) or a diabody.
4. The method of claim 3 wherein the antibody molecule is a scFv, wherein the heavy chain variable domain and the light chain variable domain are linked to each other through a linker peptide selected from the group consisting of SEQ ID NO: 28, SEQ ID NO: 29, SEQ ID NO: 30, and SEQ ID NO: 31.
5. The method according to claim 3 wherein the antibody molecule is a Fab molecule having an Fd fragment comprising SEQ ID NO: 36 and a light chain comprising SEQ ID NO: 37.
6. The method according to claim 3, wherein the antibody fragment is a Fab, Fab', or F(ab').sub.2 fragment.
7. The method according to claim 3, wherein the single chain antibody is a single chain variable fragment (scFv).
8. The method according to claim 1, wherein the effective amount of antibody to dabigatran or 1-O-acylglucuronide of dabigatran is at least an equimolar amount of antibody to dabigatran or 1-O-acylglucuronide of dabigatran.
9. The method according to claim 1, wherein the antibody molecule is given intravenously as a bolus.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.