Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Manage your formulary budget
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Crystal and pharmaceutical preparation containing the same crystal|
|Abstract:||An object is to provide means for improving the solubility of luliconazole. Disclosed is a crystal consisting of luliconazole and short chain alcohol having a number of carbon atom or atoms of 1 to 4.|
|Inventor(s):||Masuda; Takaaki (Kanagawa, JP), Gotoh; Makoto (Tokyo, JP), Miyata; Yoshiyuki (Tokyo, JP)|
|Assignee:||Pola Pharma Inc. (Tokyo, JP) Nihon Nohyaku Co., Ltd. (Tokyo, JP)|
1. A crystal composite consisting of luliconazole represented by the following formula and 100 to 10,000 ppm of short chain alcohol having a number of carbon atom or atoms
of 1 to 4 with respect to a total amount of the crystal composite, wherein the crystal is characterized by crystal system of monoclinic crystal, space group of P2.sub.1, lattice constant of a=9.0171(9) .ANG., b=8.167(1) .ANG., c=10.878(1) .ANG.,
.beta.=95.917(9) .degree., R factor of R=0.046, R.sub.w=0.047: ##STR00004##
2. The crystal composite according to claim 1, wherein the short chain alcohol is ethanol.
3. The crystal composite according to claim 1, wherein the crystal is produced by recrystallizing with the short chain alcohol which may contain water, followed by being dried, and added with the short chain alcohol if necessary.
4. An active pharmaceutical ingredient, containing the crystal composite as defined in claim 1.
5. A method for producing a pharmaceutical preparation, comprising a step of dissolving, in a solvent, the crystal as defined in claim 1.
6. A method of treating a fungal infection comprising administering an effective amount of a composition comprising the crystal of claim 1 to a subject in need thereof.
7. The method of claim 6, wherein the fungal infection is caused by a fungus selected from the group consisting of tinea pedis, tinea corporis, tinea versicolor, and tinea unguim.
8. The method of claim 6, wherein the fungal infection is selected from the group consisting of athlete's foot, candidiasis, and trichophytosis of hard keratin.
9. The method of claim 6, wherein the fungal infection is a dermatomycosis.
10. The method of claim 6, wherein luliconazole in the composition is administered at a dose of 0.01 to 1 g per day.
11. The method of claim 6, wherein the composition is applied externally.
12. The method of claim 11, wherein the composition is applied to a nail.
13. A method of preparing the luliconazole crystal of claim 1 comprising: (a) crystallizing luliconazole from a mixture of ethyl acetate and n-hexane; (b) recrystallizing the crystal of step (a) with ethanol; (c) collecting the crystals; and (d) drying the luliconazole crystals.
14. The method of claim 13, wherein the ethanol contains water.
15. An active pharmaceutical ingredient, containing the crystal composite as defined in claim 1 and a substance within a range permitted as the active pharmaceutical ingredient.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.