Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Manage your formulary budget
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Anticipate generic drug launch
|Title:||Method for post coital contraception in overweight or obese female subjects using ulipristal acetate|
|Abstract:||The invention provides a method for providing post coital contraception in a female subject, comprising providing the subject with a therapeutically effective amount of ulipristal acetate, wherein the female subject is overweight or obese.|
|Inventor(s):||Levy; Delphine (Paris, FR), Ulmann; Andre (Paris, FR), Mathe; Henri Camille (Paris, FR), Gainer; Erin (Paris, FR)|
|Assignee:||Laboratoire HRA-Pharma (Paris, FR)|
1. A method for providing post coital contraception in a woman comprising administering to the woman an amount of about 30 mg of ulipristal acetate within about 120
hours after intercourse, wherein the woman is overweight, having a BMI of 25 to 29.99, or obese grade I, having a BMI of 30-34.99.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein post coital contraception is provided within about 72 hours after unprotected intercourse.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein post coital contraception is provided from about 72 hours to about 120 hours after unprotected intercourse.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the post coital contraception is emergency contraception.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the ulipristal acetate is administered in an oral dosage form.
6. The method of claim 5, wherein the oral dosage form is a tablet.