Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Method for post coital contraception in overweight or obese female subjects using ulipristal acetate|
|Abstract:||The invention provides a method for providing post coital contraception in a female subject, comprising providing the subject with a therapeutically effective amount of ulipristal acetate, wherein the female subject is overweight or obese.|
|Inventor(s):||Levy; Delphine (Paris, FR), Ulmann; Andre (Paris, FR), Mathe; Henri Camille (Paris, FR), Gainer; Erin (Paris, FR)|
|Assignee:||Laboratoire HRA-Pharma (Paris, FR)|
1. A method for providing post coital contraception in a woman comprising administering to the woman an amount of about 30 mg of ulipristal acetate within about 120
hours after intercourse, wherein the woman is overweight, having a BMI of 25 to 29.99, or obese grade I, having a BMI of 30-34.99.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein post coital contraception is provided within about 72 hours after unprotected intercourse.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein post coital contraception is provided from about 72 hours to about 120 hours after unprotected intercourse.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the post coital contraception is emergency contraception.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the ulipristal acetate is administered in an oral dosage form.
6. The method of claim 5, wherein the oral dosage form is a tablet.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.