Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Manage your formulary budget
Anticipate generic drug launch
Find generic entry opportunities
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Methods of preventing and treating gastrointestinal dysfunction|
|Abstract:||Methods of preventing and treating gastrointestinal dysfunction, particularly postoperative ileus and post-partum ileus, in a patient undergoing surgery or other biological stress by administering 4-aryl-piperidine derivatives are disclosed.|
|Inventor(s):||Christ; David D (Newark, DE), Wallin; Bruce A (Haverford, PA), Garver; Deanne D (Downingtown, PA), Schmidt; William K (Davis, CA), Jackson; David (Cape Coral, FL)|
|Assignee:||Adolor Corporation (Lexington, MA)|
1. A method of treating a gastrointestinal dysfunction in a patient undergoing surgery, comprising the step of: orally administering to the patient from about 30 minutes
prior to surgery to 60 minutes prior to surgery about 12 mg of a compound which is [[2-[[-4-(3-hydroxyphenyl)-3,4-dimethylpiperidin-1-yl]methyl]-3-phenylpro- panoyl]amino]acetic acid or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt or hydrate thereof.
2. A method according to claim 1, wherein said compound is 2-[[(2S)-2-[[(3R,4R)-4-(3-hydroxyphenyl)-3,4-dimethylpiperidin-1-yl]methy- l]-3-phenyl-propanoyl]amino]acetic acid dihydrate.
3. A method according to claim 2, wherein the surgery is abdominal surgery.
4. A method of claim 3, wherein the gastrointestinal dysfunction is postoperative ileus.
5. A method of claim 2, wherein the compound is administered to the patient from about 30 minutes prior to surgery to less than 60 minutes prior to surgery.
6. A method of claim 2, wherein the compound is administered to the patient from about 30 minutes prior to surgery to less than 45 minutes prior to surgery.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.