DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,940,330
|Title:||Abuse-resistant pharmaceutical composition for the treatment of opioid dependence|
|Abstract:||There is provided pharmaceutical compositions for the treatment of e.g. opioid dependency comprising microparticles of a pharmacologically-effective amount of buprenorphine, or a pharmaceutically-acceptable salt thereof, in associative admixture with particles comprising a weak acid, or particles comprising weakly-acidic buffer forming materials. The composition may further comprise a disintegrant and/or particles of a pharmacologically-effective amount of naloxone, or a pharmaceutically-acceptable salt thereof. The compositions are useful in the treatment of opioid dependency/addiction and/or pain.|
|Inventor(s):||Fischer; Andreas (Uppsala, SE)|
|Assignee:||Orexo AB (Uppsala, SE)|
1. A tablet composition suitable for sublingual administration comprising: microparticles of a pharmacologically-effective amount of buprenorphine, or a
pharmaceutically-acceptable salt thereof, presented upon the surface of carrier particles, wherein microparticles of buprenorphine or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof are in contact with particles comprising citric acid, wherein the
buprenorphine or pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof and the citric acid are not in the same particle; a pharmacologically-effective amount of naloxone, or a pharmaceutically-acceptable salt thereof; and a disintegrant selected from the group
consisting of croscarmellose sodium, sodium starch glycolate, crosslinked polyvinylpyrrolidone and mixtures thereof.
2. The composition as claimed in claim 1, wherein the microparticles of buprenorphine have a weight based mean diameter of less than about 15 .mu.m.
3. The composition as claimed in claim 1, wherein the carrier particles are of a size that is between about 100 and 800 .mu.m.
4. The composition as claimed in claim 1, wherein the carrier particles are water-soluble.
5. The composition as claimed in claim 1, wherein the carrier particles comprise mannitol.
6. The composition as claimed in claim 1, wherein the particles of citric acid are presented and act as carrier particles.
7. The composition as claimed in claim 1, wherein the composition comprises particles comprising both naloxone or salt thereof and a disintegrant.
8. A process for preparation of a composition as defined in claim 1, wherein mixing takes place between the microparticles of buprenorphine or salt thereof and the particles comprising citric acid, rendering them in contact with each other.
9. The process as claimed in claim 8, wherein the mixing comprises dry mixing.
10. The process as claimed in claim 8, which further comprises dry mixing the carrier particles with the microparticles of buprenorphine or salt thereof.
11. The process as claimed in claim 10 further comprising admixing the product of said dry mixing with particles comprising naloxone or salt thereof and disintegrant.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.