Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Carboxyvinyl polymer-containing nanoparticle suspensions|
|Abstract:||The present invention generally relates to suspension compositions having a carboxyvinyl polymer such as a carbomer, a galactomannan such as guar, and a borate compound. A sparingly soluble particulate compound such as nepafenac is also included in the compositions. The sparingly soluble particulate compound has a small particle size to enhance bioavailability of the compound.|
|Inventor(s):||Chowhan; Masood A. (Arlington, TX), Ghosh; Malay (Fort Worth, TX), Asgharian; Bahram (Arlington, TX), Han; Wesley Wehsin (Arlington, TX)|
|Assignee:||Alcon Research, Ltd. (Fort Worth, TX)|
1. A topically administrable aqueous ophthalmic suspension composition comprising: carbomer at a concentration of 0.1 to 0.5 w/v %; guar at a concentration of 0.1 to 0.4
w/v %; borate at a concentration of 0.4 to 2.0 w/v %; and a sparingly soluble particulate compound, said compound having a solubility in water at 25.degree. C. of 0.001 to 0.1 w/v % and a particle size of 50 to 700 nm, and wherein said sparingly
soluble particular compound is nepafenac at a concentration of 0.25 to 0.35 w/v %.
2. A composition according to claim 1, further comprising a pH-adjusting agent in an amount sufficient to cause the composition to have a pH of 5.0 to 7.2.
3. A composition according to claim 1, further comprising a tonicity-adjusting agent in an amount sufficient to cause the composition to have an osmolality of 250 to 350 mOsm/kg.
4. A composition according to claim 1 wherein said carbomer is at a concentration of 0.4 w/v %.
5. A composition according to claim 1 further comprising a milling agent at a concentration of 0.005 to 0.1 w/v %.
6. A composition according to claim 5 wherein said milling agent is a surfactant or polymer.
7. A composition according to claim 6 wherein said milling agent is sodium carboxylmethylcellulose.
8. A composition according to claim 1 further comprising a metal chloride salt tonicity-adjusting agent.
9. A composition according to claim 8 wherein said metal chloride salt is sodium chloride at a concentration of 0.4 w/v %.
10. A composition according to claim 1 further comprising a non-ionic hydroxyl compound as a tonicity-adjusting agent.
11. A composition according to claim 1 further comprising both a preservative and a chelating agent.
12. A composition according to claim 11 wherein the preservative is benzalkonium chloride at a concentration of 0.005 w/v % and the chelating agent is edetate disodium at a concentration of 0.01 w/v %.
13. A composition according to claim 1 comprising 0.4 w/v % carbomer, 0.2 w/v % guar, 0.5 w/v % boric acid, and 0.3 w/v % nepafenac.
14. A composition according to claim 13 wherein said nepafenac has an average particle size of 400 nm.
15. A topically administrable ophthalmic suspension composition consisting essentially of a) 0.3 w/v % nepafenac having a particle size of 50 to 700 nm; b) 0.4 w/v % carbomer; c) 0.2 w/v % guar; d) 0.5 w/v % boric acid; e) 0.06 w/v % sodium carboxymethylcellulose; f) 0.4 w/v % sodium chloride; g) 0.5 w/v % propylene glycol; h) a pH-adjusting agent in an amount sufficient to cause the composition to have a pH of 7.0; i) 0.005% (w/v) benzalkonium chloride; j) 0.01% edetate disodium; and k) purified water.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.