Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Method for treating diabetes|
|Abstract:||Methods for reducing body weight, altering body composition, treating diabetes, reducing HbA.sub.1c and reducing average daily blood glucose by the use of exendins, exendin agonists or exendin analog agonists are provided.|
|Inventor(s):||Fineman; Mark (San Diego, CA), MacConell; Leigh (San Diego, CA), Taylor; Kristin (San Diego, CA)|
|Assignee:||Amylin Pharmaceuticals, LLC (San Diego, CA) AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP (Wilmington, DE)|
1. A method for treating diabetes in a human in need thereof comprising administering once weekly to the human a therapeutically effective amount of a pharmaceutical
composition comprising exendin-4 to achieve a mean steady state plasma concentration of the exendin-4 of at least 170 pg/ml for at least one month in the human to treat diabetes, wherein the pharmaceutical composition further comprises a sugar.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the exendin 4 is present in the pharmaceutical composition in an amount of 1.0 mg to 5.0 mg.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the pharmaceutical composition comprises 5% (w/w) exendin-4, 2% (w/w) sucrose, and 93% (w/w) poly(lactide-co-glycolide)copolymer.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the mean steady state plasma concentration of exendin 4 is 170 pg/ml to 600 pg/ml.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the mean steady state plasma concentration of exendin 4 is 170 pg/ml to 350 pg/ml.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the mean steady state plasma concentration of exendin 4 is 170 pg/ml to 290 pg/ml.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein the diabetes is type 2 diabetes.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein the diabetes is type 1 diabetes.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.