Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Compositions for increasing solubility of azole drug compounds that are poorly soluble in water|
|Abstract:||The combination of any two of a polyol, a polyol ether, and a low carbon organic alcohol provides a synergistic effect on the solubility of azole compounds, such as metronidazole, in aqueous fluid.|
|Inventor(s):||Yang; Meidong (Richmond, CA), Chen; Haigang (Edina, MT)|
|Assignee:||Dow Pharmaceutical Sciences, Inc. (Petaluma, CA)|
1. A pharmaceutical composition comprising water and at least about 1.25% w/w metronidazole to about 1.5% w/w metronidazole, wherein the composition further comprises
at least two of a polyol, a polyol ether, and a low carbon organic alcohol.
2. The composition of claim 1 wherein the low carbon organic alcohol is benzyl alcohol.
3. The composition of claim 2 wherein the benzyl alcohol comprises about 1% w/w of the composition.
4. The composition of claim 2 wherein the benzyl alcohol comprises about 2% w/w of the composition.
5. The composition of claim 1 wherein the polyol is propylene glycol.
6. The composition of claim 1 wherein the polyol ether is an ether of an alkylene glycol.
7. The composition of claim 6 wherein the ether of the alkylene glycol is polyethylene glycol.
8. The composition of claim 7 wherein the polyethylene glycol is polyethylene glycol 400 ("PEG 400").
9. The composition of claim 1 wherein the water comprises about 55% or more w/w of the composition.
10. The composition of claim 1 wherein the composition comprises each of a polyol, a polyol ether, and a low carbon organic alcohol.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.