DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,871,779
|Title:||Process for preparing morphinan-6-one products with low levels of .alpha.,.beta.-unsaturated ketone compounds|
|Abstract:||The present invention generally relates to processes for preparing highly pure morphinan-6-one products. The processes involve reducing the concentration of .alpha.,.beta.-unsaturated ketone compounds present as impurities in morphinan 6 one products or reaction mixtures including morphinan 6 one compounds by treatment with a sulfur-containing compound. (A) ##STR00001##|
|Inventor(s):||Buehler; Henry J. (St. Louis, MO), Dummitt; William E. (St. Louis, MO), Mannino; Anthony (Maryland Heights, MO), Aubuchon; Dennis C. (Arnold, MO), Gu; Hong (Oak Park, CA)|
|Assignee:||Mallinckrodt LLC (Hazelwood, MO)|
|Patent Litigation and PTAB cases:||See patent lawsuits and PTAB cases for patent 8,871,779|
1. A hydrochloride salt of oxymorphone comprising less than 0.001% of 14-hydroxymorphinone.
2. The hydrochloride salt of claim 1 comprising less than 0.0005% of 14-hydroxymorphinone.
3. A pharmaceutical acceptable form comprising the oxymorphone hydrochloride according to claim 1.
4. A hydrochloride salt of a morphinan-6-one compound corresponding to Formula (2): ##STR00026## comprising less than 0.001% measured by HPLC of an .alpha.,.beta.-unsaturated ketone compound corresponding to Formula (3): ##STR00027## wherein the morphinan-6-one compound is oxymorphone and wherein X is --N(R.sub.17)--; R.sub.1 and R.sub.2 are hydrogen; R.sub.3 is hydroxy; R.sub.10 is hydrogen; R.sub.14 is hydroxy; and R.sub.17 is methyl.
5. The hydrochloride salt of claim 4 comprising less than 0.0005% of 14-hydroxymorphinone.
6. A pharmaceutical formulation comprising the oxymorphone hydrochloride according to claim 4.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.