|Title:||Process for preparing morphinan-6-one products with low levels of .alpha.,.beta.-unsaturated ketone compounds|
|Abstract:|| The present invention generally relates to processes for preparing highly pure morphinan-6-one products. The processes involve reducing the concentration of .alpha.,.beta.-unsaturated ketone compounds present as impurities in morphinan 6 one products or reaction mixtures including morphinan 6 one compounds by treatment with a sulfur-containing compound. (A) ##STR00001##|
|Inventor(s):|| Buehler; Henry J. (St. Louis, MO), Dummitt; William E. (St. Louis, MO), Mannino; Anthony (Maryland Heights, MO), Aubuchon; Dennis C. (Arnold, MO), Gu; Hong (Oak Park, CA) |
|Assignee:|| Mallinckrodt LLC (Hazelwood, MO) |
1. A hydrochloride salt of oxymorphone comprising less than 0.001% of 14-hydroxymorphinone.
2. The hydrochloride salt of claim 1 comprising less than 0.0005% of 14-hydroxymorphinone.
3. A pharmaceutical acceptable form comprising the oxymorphone hydrochloride according to claim 1.
4. A hydrochloride salt of a morphinan-6-one compound corresponding to Formula (2): ##STR00026## comprising less than 0.001% measured by HPLC of an .alpha.,.beta.-unsaturated ketone compound corresponding to Formula (3): ##STR00027## wherein
the morphinan-6-one compound is oxymorphone and wherein X is --N(R.sub.17)--; R.sub.1 and R.sub.2 are hydrogen; R.sub.3 is hydroxy; R.sub.10 is hydrogen; R.sub.14 is hydroxy; and R.sub.17 is methyl.
5. The hydrochloride salt of claim 4 comprising less than 0.0005% of 14-hydroxymorphinone.
6. A pharmaceutical formulation comprising the oxymorphone hydrochloride according to claim 4.