Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Anticipate generic drug launch
Find generic entry opportunities
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Compositions containing alpha-2-adrenergic agonist components|
|Abstract:||Compositions useful for improving effectiveness of alpha-2-adrenergic agonist components include carrier components, alpha-2-adrenergic agonist components, solubility enhancing components which aid in solubilizing the alpha-2-adrenergic agonist components. In one embodiment, the alpha-2-adrenergic agonist components include alpha-2-adrenergic agonists. In another embodiment, the solubility enhancing components include carboxymethylcellulose.|
|Inventor(s):||Graham; Richard S. (Irvine, CA), Bakhit; Peter G. (Huntington Beach, CA), Olejnik; Orest (Coto De Caza, CA)|
|Assignee:||Allergan, Inc. (Irvine, CA)|
1. A therapeutically effective aqueous ophthalmic composition for lowering intraocular pressure comprising: a solution containing 0.1% (w/v) of a compound selected from the
group consisting of brimonidine, a salt of brimonidine, wherein the solution further comprises an oxy-chloro preservative and carboxymethylcellulose, wherein the composition has a pH between 7.0-8.0.
2. The composition of claim 1 which comprises about 0.1% (w/v) of brimonidine tartrate.
3. The composition of claim 1 which comprises 0.1% (w/v) of brimonidine tartrate.
4. The composition of either of claim 3 wherein the carboxymethyl cellulose enhances the solubility of brimonidine tartrate in solution.
5. The composition of claim 3 wherein the oxy-chloro component is Purite.
6. The composition of claim 3 further comprising boric acid.
7. The composition of claim 3 further comprising sodium borate.
8. The composition of claim 3 further comprising hydrochloric acid.
9. The composition of claim 8 wherein the composition has a pH of 7.4-8.0.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.