Generated: April 28, 2017
|Title:||Compositions containing alpha-2-adrenergic agonist components|
|Abstract:||Compositions useful for improving effectiveness of alpha-2-adrenergic agonist components include carrier components, alpha-2-adrenergic agonist components, solubility enhancing components which aid in solubilizing the alpha-2-adrenergic agonist components. In one embodiment, the alpha-2-adrenergic agonist components include alpha-2-adrenergic agonists. In another embodiment, the solubility enhancing components include carboxymethylcellulose.|
|Inventor(s):||Graham; Richard S. (Irvine, CA), Bakhit; Peter G. (Huntington Beach, CA), Olejnik; Orest (Coto De Caza, CA)|
|Assignee:||Allergan, Inc. (Irvine, CA)|
1. A therapeutically effective aqueous ophthalmic composition for lowering intraocular pressure comprising: a solution containing 0.1% (w/v) of a compound selected from the
group consisting of brimonidine, a salt of brimonidine, wherein the solution further comprises an oxy-chloro preservative and carboxymethylcellulose, wherein the composition has a pH between 7.0-8.0.
2. The composition of claim 1 which comprises about 0.1% (w/v) of brimonidine tartrate.
3. The composition of claim 1 which comprises 0.1% (w/v) of brimonidine tartrate.
4. The composition of either of claim 3 wherein the carboxymethyl cellulose enhances the solubility of brimonidine tartrate in solution.
5. The composition of claim 3 wherein the oxy-chloro component is Purite.
6. The composition of claim 3 further comprising boric acid.
7. The composition of claim 3 further comprising sodium borate.
8. The composition of claim 3 further comprising hydrochloric acid.
9. The composition of claim 8 wherein the composition has a pH of 7.4-8.0.