Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Find generic entry opportunities
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
|Title:||Ferric organic compounds, uses thereof and methods of making same|
|Abstract:||The present invention discloses a novel form of ferric organic compounds, including a form of ferric citrate, which are soluble over a wider range of pH, and which have a large active surface area. The ferric organic compounds of the present invention can be delivered effectively by oral route with better delivery to treat patients suffering from hyperphosphatemia, metabolic acidosis and other disorders responsive to ferric organic compound therapy.|
|Inventor(s):||Kwok; David W. K. (Vancouver, CA), Stoynov; Nikolay Mintchev (Vancouver, CA)|
|Assignee:||Panion & BF Biotech Inc. (TW)|
1. A method of treating hyperphosphatemia, comprising: administering a therapeutically effective amount of an orally administrable form of ferric citrate to a subject,
wherein the orally administrable form is prepared from a form of ferric citrate having an intrinsic dissolution rate of at least 1.88 mg/cm.sup.2/min.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the intrinsic dissolution rate is 1.88 to 4.0 mg/cm.sup.2/min.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the intrinsic dissolution rate is 1.9 to 4.0 mg/cm.sup.2/min.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the ferric citrate has the formula C.sub.6H.sub.5O.sub.7Fe.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the orally administrable form is a tablet.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the therapeutically effective amount is about 3 to 6 grams per day.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein the subject is a human being.