DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,834,849
|Title:||Medicinal aerosols and methods of delivery thereof|
|Abstract:||The replacement of chlorofluorohydrocarbon propellants in medical aerosols is of the utmost importance to the pharmaceutical industry. A number of formulations have been investigated. The present invention provides a medical aerosol formulation comprising a particular medicament, a fluorocarbon propellant and 6 to 25% w/w of the total formulation of a polar co-solvent, such formulation being substantially free of surfactant. Canisters suitable for delivering such a pharmaceutical formulation are also provided.|
|Inventor(s):||Millar; Fiona Catherine (Waterford, IE)|
|Assignee:||Norton Healthcare Limited (London, GB)|
1. A product suitable for delivering a pharmaceutical aerosol formulation comprising, (a) an aerosol canister comprising a container closed with a metering valve, said
container comprising a pharmaceutical suspension aerosol formulation substantially free of surfactant, and which comprises salbutamol sulphate, ethanol in an amount of 10% w/w to 15% w/w, and 1,1,1,2-tetrafluoroethane, wherein salbutamol sulphate is
substantially completely insoluble in the 1,1,1,2-tetrafluoroethane, and (b) an actuator with a spray orifice aperture of from 100 to 300 microns.
2. The product of claim 1, wherein the aerosol formulation contains ethanol in the amount of 11.4% w/w.
3. The product of claim 1, wherein the aerosol formulation contains 1,1,1,2tetrafluoroethane in the amount of 88.2% w/w.
4. The product of claim 1, wherein the aerosol formulation contains salbutamol sulphate in the amount of 0.4% w/w, ethanol in the amount of 11.4% w/w, and 1,1,1,2-tetrafluoroethane in the amount of 88.2% w/w.
5. The product of claim 1, wherein the spray orifice aperture is from 150 to 250 microns.
6. The product of claim 5, wherein ethanol is present in the amount of 10% w/w to 15% w/w.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.