DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,807,861
|Abstract:||An implement 1 for applying a volume of liquid to a treatment surface can include a support 3 onto which is mounted a receptacle 2, the receptacle defining a reservoir space 4 which receives the liquid. The receptacle includes a wall 6 having a working surface that is used to spread the liquid over the treatment surface. The wall 6 is resiliently deformable so in use the working surface maintains contact with the treatment surface when spreading the liquid. The implement has a specific application in applying a transdermal lotion to the axilla area of the user. A system for transdermal administration of a physiological active agent from a liquid composition and a method of using this system are described.|
|Inventor(s):||Bayly; Peter (Doreen, AU), Bayly; Mark Simon (Eltham North, AU), Ahlstrom; Magnus (Nunawading, AU), Watkinson; Adam Charles (Somerset, AU)|
|Assignee:||Acrux DDS Pty Ltd. (West Melbourne, Victoria, AU)|
1. A system for transdermal administration of a physiologically active agent from a liquid composition, the system including a container containing the liquid composition including
the physiologically active agent, a dispensing device for delivering liquid composition from the container; and an applicator for applying the liquid to an area of skin for transdermal administration said applicator including a support detachably
contactable to the dispensing device or container being adapted to detach to permit said dispensing device to deliver said liquid composition, a receptacle mounted on the support defining a reservoir space which receives a volume of the liquid
composition from the container, the receptacle having a base and a resiliently deformable wall, the wall being substantially transverse to the base and having a working surface that is used to spread the liquid composition over the area of the skin
surface, the base having a surface such that the liquid composition cannot pass through the base.
2. A system according to claim 1 wherein the composition includes a penetration enhancer.
3. A system according to claim 2 wherein the penetration enhancer is selected from the group consisting of fatty acids, fatty acid esters, fatty alcohols, glycols and glycol esters, 1,3-dioxolanes and 1,3-dioxanes, macrocyclic ketones containing at least 12 carbon atoms, oxazolidinones and oxazolidinone derivatives, alkyl-2-(N,N-disubstituted amino)-alkanoate esters, (N,N-disubstituted amino)-alkanol alkanoates, sunscreen esters and mixtures thereof.
4. A system according to claim 2 wherein the penetration enhancer is one or a mixture of octyl dimethyl-para-aminobenzoate, octyl para-methyoxycinnamate and octyl salicylate.
5. A system according to claim 2 wherein the composition includes from 1 to 15% by weight of the total composition of a penetration enhancer.
6. A system according to claim 1 wherein the composition includes from about 40-90% by weight of volatile solvent selected from the group consisting of ethanol, ethyl acetate, isopropanol, acetone, ethyl formate, methyl acetate, methyl ethyl ketone, pentane, chloroform, dimethyl ether, R134a and mixtures thereof.
7. A system according to claim 1 wherein the physiologically active agent includes at least one hormone selected from the group consisting of oestrogens, progestagens and androgens.
8. A system according to claim 1, wherein the physicologically active agent is an androgen selected from testosterone and derivatives thereof.
9. A method of transdermal administration of a physiologically active agent to a subject including providing a system according to claim 1; applying the liquid composition including the physiologically active agent to the reservoir space; and deforming the wall of the receptacle containing the liquid composition against the skin of the subject and spreading the liquid composition over the area of the skin surface in at least one axilla.
10. A system according to claim 1 wherein the receptacle defining the reservoir space has an open top being configured to receive the liquid composition from the dispensing device through the open top.
11. A system according to claim 1 wherein the support is relatively rigid in comparison to at least the wall so that at least the wall is movable relative to the support when spreading the liquid composition.
12. A system according to claim 1 wherein the wall includes an outer skirt portion, a lower edge of the skirt portion is attached to the support.
13. A system according to claim 12 wherein the wall includes an inner portion extending from the base to an upper end.
14. A system according to claim 13 wherein the working surface extends over the inner portion and the outer skirt portion of the wall.
15. A system according to claim 13 wherein the inner portion and outer skirt portion form a double walled structure.
16. A system according to claim 15 wherein the base and wall are formed integrally from a flexible membrane.
17. A system according to claim 16 wherein the inner portion of the wall is substantially parallel to the outer skirt portion.
18. A system according to claim 15 wherein the working surface extends over the inner portion and the outer skirt portion of the wall.
19. A system according to claim 1 wherein the base and wall are formed integrally from a flexible membrane.
20. A system according to claim 16 wherein the working surface extends over the inner portion and the outer skirt portion of the wall.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.