Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Abstract:||Compounds of formula ##STR00001## in free or salt or solvate form, where Ar is a group of formula ##STR00002## Y is carbon or nitrogen and R.sup.1, R.sup.2, R.sup.3, R.sup.4, R.sup.5, R.sup.6, R.sup.7, R.sup.8, R.sup.9, R.sup.10, X, n, p, q and r are as defined in the specification, their preparation and their use as pharmaceuticals, particularly for the treatment of obstructive or inflammatory airways diseases.|
|Inventor(s):||Cuenoud; Bernard (Horsham, GB), Bruce; Ian (Horsham, GB), Fairhurst; Robin Alec (Horsham, GB), Beattie; David (Horsham, GB)|
|Assignee:||Novartis AG (Basel, CH)|
1. A pharmaceutical composition comprising: (A) (R)-5-[2-(5,6-diethyl-indan-2-ylamino)-1-hydroxy-ethyl]-8-hydroxy-1H-quin- olin-2-one or a salt or solvate thereof, and
(B) a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier wherein the pharmaceutical composition is in the form of a capsule.
2. A pharmaceutical composition according to claim 1, wherein (A) and (B) contained therein are in inhalable form.
3. A pharmaceutical composition according to claim 2, wherein the inhalable form of (A) and (B) is a dry powder formulation.
4. A pharmaceutical composition according to claim 3 comprising a daily dose of (A).
5. A pharmaceutical composition according to claim 4, wherein the daily dose of (A) is from 1 .mu.g to 5000 .mu.g.
6. A pharmaceutical composition according to claim 1, wherein (A) is (R)-5-[2-(5,6-diethyl-indan-2-ylamino)-1-hydroxy-ethyl]-8-hydroxy-1H-quin- olin-2-one maleate.
7. A pharmaceutical composition according to claim 5, wherein (A) is (R)-5-[2-(5,6-diethyl-indan-2-ylamino)-1-hydroxy-ethyl]-8-hydroxy-1H-quin- olin-2-one maleate.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.