Generated: April 27, 2017
|Abstract:||The invention provides unit dosage forms, kits, and methods useful for treating viral infections.|
|Inventor(s):||Babu; Yarlagadda Sudhakara (Birmingham, AL), Chand; Pooran (Birmingham, AL), Bantia; Shanta (Birmingham, AL), Arnold; Shane (Hoover, AL), Kilpatrick; John Michael (Helena, AL)|
|Assignee:||BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Birmingham, AL)|
1. A method for treating a viral infection in a human in need thereof comprising administering in a single intravenous administration an effective anti-viral amount of a
compound of formula I: ##STR00026## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, to the human, wherein the viral infection is an H3N2, H1N1, H5N1, avian, or seasonal influenza infection.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the compound of formula I is a compound of formula Ia: ##STR00027## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the effective anti-viral amount is up to about 800 mg.
4. The method of claim 3, wherein the effective anti-viral amount is up to about 600 mg.
5. The method of claim 4, wherein the effective anti-viral amount is up to about 300 mg.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the effective anti-viral amount is about 600 mg.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein the effective anti-viral amount is about 300 mg.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein the plasma concentration of the compound is higher than the IC.sub.50 of the virus causing the viral infection 12 hours following administration of the compound.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.