DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
Try a free trial
See Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,765,764
|Title:||2-acylaminothiazole derivative or salt thereof|
|Abstract:||A 2-acylaminothiazole derivative or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof having an excellent effect of proliferating human c-mpl-Ba/F3 cells and an activity of increasing platelets based on the effect of promoting the formation of megakaryocytic colonies. A compound or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof useful in treating thrombocytopenia.|
|Inventor(s):||Sugasawa; Keizo (Tokyo, JP), Watanuki; Susumu (Tokyo, JP), Koga; Yuji (Tokyo, JP), Nagata; Hiroshi (Tokyo, JP), Wakayama; Ryutaro (Tokyo, JP), Hirayama; Fukushi (Tokyo, JP), Suzuki; Ken-Ichi (Tokyo, JP)|
|Assignee:||Astellas Pharma, Inc. (Tokyo, JP)|
1. A method for the treatment of thrombocytopenia in a subject in need thereof, the method comprising: administering to a subject in need thereof therapeutically
effective amount of a compound selected from the group consisting of: ##STR00114## and pharmaceutically acceptable salts thereof, wherein the thrombocytopenia in the subject is treated; and wherein the thrombocytopenia is due to liver disease.
2. The method according to claim 1, wherein the method comprises: administering the effective amount of the compound in an oral dosage form comprising the compound and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
3. The method according to claim 2, wherein the effective amount of the compound is a daily dosage of between about 0.01 and about 1 mg/kg.
4. The method according to claim 3, wherein the method comprises: administering the effective amount of the compound in the form of one or more tablets once daily.
5. The method according to claim 1, wherein the method comprises: administering the therapeutically effective amount of the compound to the subject having a depressed platelet level, wherein the platelet level in the subject is increased or recovered.
6. The method according to claim 1, wherein the method comprises: administering the therapeutically effective amount of the compound to the subject such that administration results in cell proliferation and production of mature megakaryocytes and platelets.
7. The method according to claim 1, wherein the compound is: ##STR00115##
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.