Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Ferric organic compounds, uses thereof and methods of making same|
|Abstract:||The present invention discloses a novel form of ferric organic compounds, including a form of ferric citrate, which are soluble over a wider range of pH, and which have a large active surface area. The ferric organic compounds of the present invention can be delivered effectively by oral route with better delivery to treat patients suffering from hyperphosphatemia, metabolic acidosis and other disorders responsive to ferric organic compound therapy.|
|Inventor(s):||Kwok; David W. K. (Vancouver, CA), Stoynov; Nikolay Mintchev (Vancouver, CA)|
|Assignee:||Panion & BF Biotech Inc. (TW)|
1. An orally administrable form of ferric citrate, prepared from a form of ferric citrate having an intrinsic dissolution rate of at least 1.88 mg/cm.sup.2/min; wherein the
orally administrable form is selected from a tablet, a powder, a capsule, a granule, a troche and a pill.
2. The orally administrable form of claim 1, wherein the intrinsic dissolution rate is 1.88 to 4.0 mg/cm.sup.2/min.
3. The orally administrable form of claim 1, wherein the intrinsic dissolution rate is 1.9 to 4.0 mg/cm.sup.2/min.
4. The orally administrable form of claim 1, wherein the ferric citrate has the formula C.sub.6H.sub.5O.sub.7Fe.
5. The orally administrable form of claim 1, wherein the orally administrable form is a tablet.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.