Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
|Title:||Ferric organic compounds, uses thereof and methods of making same|
|Abstract:||The present invention discloses a novel form of ferric organic compounds, including a form of ferric citrate, which are soluble over a wider range of pH, and which have a large active surface area. The ferric organic compounds of the present invention can be delivered effectively by oral route with better delivery to treat patients suffering from hyperphosphatemia, metabolic acidosis and other disorders responsive to ferric organic compound therapy.|
|Inventor(s):||Kwok; David W. K. (Vancouver, CA), Stoynov; Nikolay Mintchev (Vancouver, CA)|
|Assignee:||Panion & BF Biotech Inc. (TW)|
1. An orally administrable form of ferric citrate, prepared from a form of ferric citrate having an intrinsic dissolution rate of at least 1.88 mg/cm.sup.2/min; wherein the
orally administrable form is selected from a tablet, a powder, a capsule, a granule, a troche and a pill.
2. The orally administrable form of claim 1, wherein the intrinsic dissolution rate is 1.88 to 4.0 mg/cm.sup.2/min.
3. The orally administrable form of claim 1, wherein the intrinsic dissolution rate is 1.9 to 4.0 mg/cm.sup.2/min.
4. The orally administrable form of claim 1, wherein the ferric citrate has the formula C.sub.6H.sub.5O.sub.7Fe.
5. The orally administrable form of claim 1, wherein the orally administrable form is a tablet.