DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
Email this page to a colleague
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,748,425
|Title:||Combination of brimonidine and timolol for topical ophthalmic use|
|Abstract:||Disclosed are pharmaceutical compositions comprising brimondine and timolol for topical ophthalmic delivery and a method of treatment comprising administering said composition when indicated for glaucoma and associated conditions such as elevated intraocular pressure in the eyes of humans.|
|Inventor(s):||Chang; Chin-Ming (Tustin, CA), Beck; Gary J. (Fullerton, CA), Pratt; Cynthia C. (Mission Viejo, CA), Batoosingh; Amy L. (Mission Viejo, CA)|
|Assignee:||Allergan Sales, LLC (Irvine, CA)|
|Patent Litigation and PTAB cases:||See patent lawsuits and PTAB cases for patent 8,748,425|
1. A method of treating a patient with glaucoma or ocular hypertension comprising administering twice daily to an affected eye a single composition comprising 0.2% w/v
brimonidine tartrate and 0.5% w/v timolol free base, wherein said method reduces the incidence of one or more adverse events, as compared to the administration of 0.2% w/v brimonidine tartrate monotherapy three times per day wherein the adverse event is
selected from the group consisting of conjunctival hyperemia, oral dryness, eye pruritus, allergic conjunctivitis, foreign body sensation, conjunctival folliculosis, and somnolence.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the adverse event is conjunctival hyperemia.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the adverse event is oral dryness.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the adverse event is eye pruritus.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the adverse event is allergic conjunctivitis.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the adverse event is foreign body sensation.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein the adverse event is conjunctival folliculosis.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein the adverse event is somnolence.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.