DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,709,491
|Title:||Composition comprising a mixture of dextro- and levo-amphetamines complexed with ion-exchange resin particles to form drug resin particles|
|Abstract:||The invention relates to dosage forms that provide prolonged therapy. In particular, the invention relates to dosage forms including various pluralities of drug-containing resin particles. In a particular embodiment, the drug dosage form comprises a mixture of dextro- and levo-amphetamines complexed with ion-exchange resin particles to form drug resin particles. The invention also relates to methods of making these dosage forms and methods of treating using these dosage forms.|
|Inventor(s):||Tengler; Mark (Colleyville, TX), McMahen; Russell (Flower Mound, TX)|
|Assignee:||NEOS Terapeutics, LP (Grand Prairie, TX)|
1. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a mixture of dextro- and levo-amphetamines complexed with ion-exchange resin particles to form drug resin particles, wherein
said composition comprises 20 to 50% of a first plurality of drug-resin particles that are uncoated and 50 to 80% of a second plurality of drug-resin particles that are coated with a delayed release coating.
2. The composition of claim 1, wherein the second plurality of drug resin particles comprises a triggered-release coating triggered by a pH change.
3. The composition of claim 2, wherein the triggered-release coating is cellulose acetate phthalate, cellulose acetate trimellitate, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose phthalate, polyvinyl acetate phthalate, carboxymethylethylcellulose, co-polymerized methacrylic acid/methacrylic acid methyl esters, co-polymerized methacrylic acid/acrylic acid ethyl esters, or mixtures thereof.
4. The composition of claim 1, wherein the resin particles are strong acidic cation exchange resins, selected from the group consisting of polistirex, polacrilex, cholestyramine, polacrilin or mixtures thereof.
5. The composition of claim 1, wherein the composition comprises 40%-50% of the first plurality of drug-resin particles and 50-60% of the second plurality of drug-resin particles.
6. The composition of claim 5, wherein the composition comprises about 45% of the first plurality of drug-resin particles and about 55% of the second plurality of drug-resin particles.
7. The composition of claim 1, wherein the composition is a liquid suspension, chewable composition, or an orally disintegrating tablet composition.
8. The composition of claim 1, wherein said drug-resin particles comprise 25% levo-amphetamine and 75% dextro-amphetamine.
9. The composition of claim 1, wherein the amount of ADHD effective agent is 2-60 mg.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.