Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Process for preparing 2-aminothiazole-5-aromatic carboxamides as kinase inhibitors|
|Abstract:||The invention relates to a pharmaceutical composition of a crystalline monohydrate of the compound of formula (IV) ##STR00001## wherein the crystalline monohydrate is characterized by certain unit cell parameters.|
|Inventor(s):||Lajeunesse; Jean (Candiac, CA), DiMarco; John D. (East Brunswick, NJ), Galella; Michael (Kendall Park, NJ), Chidambaram; Ramakrishnan (Santa Clara, CA)|
|Assignee:||Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (Princeton, NJ)|
1. A pharmaceutical composition comprising, a therapeutically acceptable amount of crystalline monohydrate of the compound of formula (IV) ##STR00062## which is characterized
by unit cell parameters approximately equal to the following: Cell dimensions: a(.ANG.)=13.8632(7); b(.ANG.)=9.3307(3); c(.ANG.)=38.390(2); Volume=4965.9(4).ANG..sup.3 Space group Pbca Molecules/unit cell 8 Density (calculated) (g/cm.sup.3) 1.354;
and pharmaceutically acceptable carriers, including two or more of, a binder, a diluent, a disintegrant, and/or a lubricant.
2. A pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein the compound of formula (IV) is characterized by differential scanning calorimetry thermogram and a thermogravimetric analysis substantially in accordance with that shown in FIG. 2.
3. A pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein the compound of formula (IV) is characterized by an x-ray powder diffraction pattern (CuK.alpha. .lamda.=1.5418 .ANG. at a temperature of about 23.degree. C.) comprising four or more 2.theta. values selected from the group consisting of: 18.0.+-.0.2, 18.4.+-.0.2, 19.2.+-.0.2, 19.6.+-.0.2, 21.2.+-.0.2, 24.5.+-.0.2, 25.9.+-.0.2, and 28.0.+-.0.2.
4. A pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein the compound of formula (IV) is further characterized by a differential scanning calorimetry having a broad peak between approximately 95.degree. C. and 130.degree. C. which corresponds to the loss of one water of hydration on thermogravimetric analysis.
5. A pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein the compound of claim 5, which is further characterized by a weight loss of 3.48% by thermogravimetric analysis between 50.degree. C. and 175.degree. C.
6. A pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein the pharmaceutically acceptable carrier includes hydroxypropyl cellulose, lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, and magnesium stearate.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.