Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Transparent transdermal nicotine delivery devices|
|Abstract:||A transparent transdermal delivery device for delivering nicotine which has an Opacity Index of less than 48.6%.|
|Inventor(s):||Gale; Robert M. (Los Altos, CA)|
|Assignee:||ALZA Corporation (Mountain View, CA)|
1. A device for the transdermal administration of nicotine comprising: a backing layer formed from a material selected from the group consisting of PET/EVA laminates,
HDPE/EAA/nylon/EAA multilaminate and a film comprising a graft copolymer formed from about 73-77% acrylonitrile and from about 23-27% methyl acrylate copolymerized in the presence of about 8-10 parts by weight of butadiene/acrylonitrile copolymers
containing approximately 70% by weight of polymer units derived from butadiene, a drug reservoir layer containing nicotine carried by the backing layer, and an adhesive for maintaining the device in nicotine transmitting relationship with the skin,
wherein the device is sufficiently transparent to permit the skin of the subject to which it is applied to be visible through the device.
2. The device according to claim 1, wherein the backing has a nicotine permeability of less than about 1.0 .mu.g/cm.sup.2/hr.
3. The device according to claim 1, wherein the backing has a nicotine permeability of less than 0.5 .mu.g/cm.sup.2/hr.
4. The device according to claim 2, wherein the backing has a solubility for nicotine of less than about 1 wt%.
5. The device according to claim 3, wherein the backing has a solubility for nicotine of less than about 0.1 wt%.
6. The device according to claim 4, wherein the device has an Opacity Index of less than about 48.6%.
7. The device according to claim 6, wherein the device has an Opacity Index of less than 35.11%.
8. The device according to claim 6, wherein the device has an Opacity Index of less than 20%.
9. The device according to claim 1, wherein the device provides delivery of nicotine for a period of 18-24 hours.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.