DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,652,776
|Title:||Prediction of QT prolongation based on SNP genotype|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to the prediction of QT prolongation following administration of a compound capable of increasing an individual's QT interval based on the individual's genotype at one or more single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) loci and to the treatment of a patient based on such prediction.|
|Inventor(s):||Lavedan; Christian (Potomac, MD), Volpi; Simona (Derwood, MD), Licamele; Louis (Gaithersburg, MD), Mack; Kendra Tomino (Westminster, MD), Heaton; Callie Michelle (Washington, DC)|
|Assignee:||Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Washington, DC)|
1. A method of treating a human patient for one or more symptoms of a psychotic disorder, the method comprising: determining, from a biological sample of the patient, the
patient's genotype in both copies of the single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) locus rs3924426; and treating the patient based upon whether the patient's genotype at the rs3924426 SNP locus is associated with increased QT prolongation, wherein treating
includes: in the case that the patient has a TT genotype at the rs3924426 SNP locus, administering to the patient an effective amount of iloperidone or a pharmaceutically-acceptable salt thereof, the effective amount being less than would be administered
to a patient who does not have a TT genotype at the rs3924426 SNP locus; or in the case that the patient does not have a TT genotype at the rs3924426 SNP locus, administering to the patient an increased amount of iloperidone, the increased amount being
more than would be administered to a patient who has a TT genotype at the rs3924426 SNP locus.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the effective amount is between about 2 mg/day and about 24 mg/day.
3. The method of claim 2, wherein the effective amount is between about 5 mg/day and about 20 mg/day.
4. The method of claim 3, wherein the effective amount is between about 10 mg/day and about 15 mg/day.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the increased amount is between about 24 mg/day and about 50 mg/day.
6. The method of claim 5, wherein the increased amount is between about 30 mg/day and about 50 mg/day.
7. The method of claim 6, wherein the increased amount is between about 40 mg/day and about 50 mg/day.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein treating the patient includes monitoring the patient for QT prolongation.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.