DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Get the DrugPatentWatch Daily Briefing
» See Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,629,129
|Abstract:||Novel methods for treating or reducing the likelihood of acquiring symptoms or diseases due to the menopause, in postmenopausal women, particularly osteoporosis, vaginal atrophy and dryness, hypogonadism, diminished libido, skin atrophy, connective tissue disease, urinary incontinence, breast, endometrial, ovarian and uterine cancers, hot flashes, loss of muscle mass, insulin resistance, fatigue, loss of energy, aging, physical symptoms of menopause, in susceptible warm-blooded animals including humans involving administration of a sex steroid precursor are disclosed. Said method comprising novel ways of administering and dosing dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) in order to take advantage of positive androgenic effects in the vaginal layers lamina propia and/or the layer muscularis, without undesirably causing systemic estrogenic effects in order to avoid the risk of breast and uterine cancer. Pharmaceutical compositions for delivery of active ingredient(s) useful to the invention are also disclosed.|
|Inventor(s):||Labrie; Fernand (Quebec City, CA)|
|Assignee:||Endorecherche, Inc. (CA)|
1. A finished pharmaceutical dosage form for human vaginal administration comprising sex steroid precursor selected from the group consisting of dehydroepiandrosterone,
dehydroepiandrosterone-sulfate, androst-5-ene-3.beta.,17.beta.-diol, and 4-androsten-3,17-dione wherein said precursor is present in said dosage form in an amount that does not exceed 13 milligrams; wherein the precursor concentration is between 0.1 and
10% by weight relative to the total weight of the dosage form.
2. The dosage form of claim 1 wherein said dosage form is a vaginal suppository.
3. The dosage form of claim 1 wherein said sex steroid precursor is dehydroepiandrosterone.
4. The dosage form of claim 1 wherein said precursor is present in an amount from 3-13 milligrams.
5. The dosage form of claim 3 wherein said precursor is present in an amount from 3-13 milligrams.
6. The dosage form of claim 2 wherein said precursor is dehydroepiandrosterone.
7. The dosage form of claim 6 wherein said precursor is present in an amount from 3-13 milligrams.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.