|Title:||Stable pharmaceutical composition and methods of using same|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to, inter alia, pharmaceutical compositions comprising a polyunsaturated fatty acid and to methods of using the same to treat or prevent cardiovascular-related diseases.|
|Inventor(s):||Manku; Mehar (England, GB), Osterloh; Ian (Kent, GB), Wicker; Pierre (Mystic, CT), Braeckman; Rene (Richboro, PA), Soni; Paresh (Mystic, CT)|
|Assignee:||Amarin Pharmaceuticals Ireland Limited (Dublin, IE)|
1. A method of reducing triglycerides in a subject in need thereof who is on statin therapy comprising, administering to the subject 2500 mg to 5000 mg per day of ethyl
eicosapentaenoate for a period effective to reduce triglycerides in the subject.
2. The method of claim 1 wherein the ethyl eicosapentaenoate is administered to the subject in dosage units each comprising about 500 mg to about 1.5 g of ethyl eicosapentaenoate.
3. The method of claim 2 wherein the dosage units are capsules.
4. The method of claim 1 wherein the ethyl eicosapentaenoate is administered to the subject in dosage units each comprising about 900 mg to about 1 g of ethyl eicosapentaenoate.
5. The method of claim 4 wherein the dosage units are capsules.
6. The method of claim 1 wherein the ethyl eicosapentaenoate is administered to the subject in dosage units each comprising about 1 g of ethyl eicosapentaenoate.
7. The method of claim 6 wherein the dosage units are capsules.
8. The method of claim 1 wherein the ethyl eicosapentaenoate is present in a pharmaceutical composition comprising other fatty acids or esters thereof and said ethyl eicosapentaenoate comprises at least about 90%, by weight, of the fatty acids present in the composition.
9. The method of claim 1 wherein the period is effective to reduce LDL-C in the subject.
10. The method of claim 1 wherein the subject has mixed dyslipidemia.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.