Generated: April 24, 2017
|Title:||Pharmaceutical compositions comprising colloidal silicon dioxide|
|Abstract:||A pharmaceutical composition comprising a macrolide solid dispersion, a disintegrant and colloidal silicon dioxide, wherein the composition comprises 1 to 5% colloidal silicon dioxide by weight.|
|Inventor(s):||Haeberlin; Barbara (Munchenstein, CH), Kramer; Andrea (Reute, DE), Heuerding; Silvia (Basel, CH)|
|Assignee:||Novartis AG (Basel, CH)|
1. A pharmaceutical composition in the form of a dispersible tablet to be dispersed in an ingestible liquid before administration to a patient, comprising a solid
dispersion of 40-O-(2-hydroxy)ethyl-rapamycin, a disintegrant comprising cross-linked polyvinylpyrrolidone and colloidal silicon dioxide, wherein the composition comprises 1 to 5% colloidal silicon dioxide by weight and 10 to 30% of cross-linked
polyvinylpyrrolidone by weight, and wherein the tablet has a disintegration time of 3 minutes or less and a hardness of 35 to 80N.
2. The pharmaceutical composition according to claim 1, wherein 250 mg of the composition, when compressed using a force of 8 to 11 kN with a 9 mm die and standard flat punches, forms the dispersible tablet.
3. A method of administering the pharmaceutical composition of claim 1 to a patient in need of said composition which comprises (i) contacting the composition with an aqueous solution (ii) allowing the composition to disperse in the aqueous solution to form a dispersed mixture and (iii) ingesting the dispersed mixture.
4. A composition according to claim 1, wherein the tablet has a disintegration time of 90 seconds or less.
5. A composition according to claim 1, wherein the composition is used as an immunosuppressant.
6. A process for producing the pharmaceutical composition according to claim 1, comprising preparing the solid dispersion comprising 40-O-(2-hydroxy)ethyl-rapamycin, mixing the solid dispersion comprising 40-O-(2-hydroxy)ethyl-rapamycin with the disintegrant comprising cross-linked polyvinylpyrrolidone and colloidal silicon dioxide to form the pharmaceutical composition and compressing the pharmaceutical composition to form the dispersible tablet.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.