DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
Email this page to a colleague
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,609,896
|Title:||Ferric organic compounds, uses thereof and methods of making same|
|Abstract:||The present invention discloses a novel form of ferric organic compounds, including a form of ferric citrate, which are soluble over a wider range of pH, and which have a large active surface area. The ferric organic compounds of the present invention can be delivered effectively by oral route with better delivery to treat patients suffering from hyperphosphatemia, metabolic acidosis and other disorders responsive to ferric organic compound therapy.|
|Inventor(s):||Kwok; David W. K. (Vancouver, CA), Stoynov; Nikolay Mintchev (Vancouver, CA)|
|Assignee:||Panion & BF Biotech Inc. (Taipei, TW)|
|Patent Litigation and PTAB cases:||See patent lawsuits and PTAB cases for patent 8,609,896|
1. An orally administrable form of ferric citrate, prepared from ferric citrate having a BET active surface area greater than about 16 sq. m/g.
2. The orally administrable form of claim 1, wherein the ferric citrate has an intrinsic dissolution rate of 1.88 - 4.0 mg/cm.sup.2/min.
3. The orally administrable form of claim 1, wherein the BET active surface area ranges from about 16 sq. m/g to about 20 sq. m/g.
4. The orally administrable form of claim 1, wherein the ferric citrate has the formula C.sub.6H.sub.5O.sub.7Fe.
5. The orally administrable form of claim 1, wherein the orally administrable form is a tablet.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.