DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
Email this page to a colleagueSee Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,579,869
|Title:||Needle mounting system and a method for mounting a needle assembly|
|Abstract:||A needle mounting system and methods for mounting a needle assembly on a needle mount are disclosed. The needle mounting system includes a needle hub having protrusions extending radially inward. A needle mount has a plurality of slots to receive the protrusions. The slots have a first portion that defines a passageway substantially parallel to a longitudinal axis of the needle mount and a second portion substantially perpendicular to the axis. The needle hub and mount provide a method wherein a needle assembly may be mounted on an injection device without completely rotating the needle hub relative to the needle mount.|
|Inventor(s):||Klint; Henrik Sonderskov (Lyngby, DK), Radmer; Jim (Fredensborg, DK), Smedegaard; Jorgen K (Frederiksberg, DK), Nielsen; Jan Frank (Lyngby, DK), Jensen; Peter Moller (Horsholm, DK), Jensen; Jens Moller (Copenhagen K, DK)|
|Assignee:||Novo Nordisk A/S (Bagsvaerd, DK)|
1. A needle mount comprising two separate coupling mechanisms comprising a first coupling mechanism and a second coupling mechanism, the needle mount comprising: a
cylindrical outer wall having a top end and threads disposed on the cylindrical outer wall, the first coupling mechanism comprising a plurality of grooves disposed in a cylindrical outer wall beginning at the top end of the cylindrical outer wall and
defining a passageway that is generally parallel to a cylindrical axis of the cylindrical outer wall, and wherein at least one groove of the needle mount comprises a first portion and a second portion oriented at an angle to the first portion, wherein
the first portion and second portion do not form a part of the second coupling mechanism, and wherein at least one protrusion(s) of a needle hub, when present, interact with at least one groove(s) to form a bayonet coupling, the second coupling mechanism
comprising threads disposed on the cylindrical outer wall, suitable for threadedly connecting and matingly fitting a conventional threaded needle assembly to the needle mount, the needle mount thereby allowing either a threaded needle hub to be mounted
or dismounted onto the needle mount via a second coupling mechanism, or a bayonet needle hub to be mounted or dismounted onto the needle mount via the first coupling mechanism.
2. The needle mount according to claim 1, wherein the angle between the first portion and the second portion is 90 degrees or less.
3. The needle mount according to claim 1, wherein the first portion of the groove is widest at the top end of the needle mount defining an entrance.
4. The needle mount according to claim 1, wherein the protrusions of the needle hub, when present, comprise a circular surface.
5. The needle mount according to claim 1, further comprising structure for determining whether the needle hub is securely mounted on the needle mount.
6. The needle mount according to claim 1, wherein the needle mount is on an adapter top that is secured to an ampoule, or an injection device.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.