DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,568,747
|Abstract:||Provided herein are stable enalapril powder compositions for oral liquid formulation. Also provided herein are methods of using enalapril oral liquid formulations for the treatment of certain diseases including hypertension, heart failure and asymptomatic left ventricular dysfunction.|
|Inventor(s):||Rajewski; Lian G. (Lawrence, KS), Rajewski; Roger A. (Lawrence, KS), Haslam; John L. (Lawrence, KS), Heppert; Kathleen (Lawrence, KS), Beckloff; Michael C. (Leawood, KS), Seagrave; Frank (Dublin, OH), Mauro; Robert (Miller Place, NY), Colabuono; Peter (Las Vegas, NV)|
|Assignee:||Silvergate Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Dublin, OH) University of Kansas (Lawrence, KS)|
|Patent Litigation and PTAB cases:||See patent lawsuits and PTAB cases for patent 8,568,747|
1. A pharmaceutical powder that is reconstituted into an oral liquid formulation, the powder consisting of: (a) about 14% (w/w) enalapril or a pharmaceutically acceptable
salt thereof, (b) about 85% (w/w) mannitol, and (c) about 1% (w/w) colloidal silicon dioxide, wherein, when the powder is reconstituted into an oral liquid, the liquid is homogenous and stable for at least 12 weeks at about 25.+-.5.degree. C. and
55.+-.10% relative humidity.
2. The pharmaceutical powder of claim 1, wherein the enalapril or pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof is enalapril maleate.
3. The pharmaceutical powder of claim 1, wherein the powder is reconstituted in water for the oral liquid.
4. The pharmaceutical powder of claim 1, wherein the powder is reconstituted in syrup for the oral liquid.
5. The pharmaceutical powder of claim 1, wherein the powder is stable for at least six months at ambient, accelerated or refrigerated conditions.
6. The pharmaceutical powder of claim 1, wherein the powder is 150 mg enalapril, 890 mg mannitol and 10 mg colloidal silicon dioxide.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.