DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,530,498
|Title:||Methods for treating multiple myeloma with 3-(4-amino-1-oxo-1,3-dihydroisoindol-2-yl)piperidine-2,6-dione|
|Abstract:||Methods of treating, preventing and/or managing cancer as well as and diseases and disorders associated with, or characterized by, undesired angiogenesis are disclosed. Specific methods encompass the administration of an immunomodulatory compound alone or in combination with a second active ingredient. The invention further relates to methods of reducing or avoiding adverse side effects associated with chemotherapy, radiation therapy, hormonal therapy, biological therapy or immunotherapy which comprise the administration of an immunomodulatory compound. Pharmaceutical compositions, single unit dosage forms, and kits suitable for use in methods of the invention are also disclosed.|
|Inventor(s):||Zeldis; Jerome B. (Princeton, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Celgene Corporation (Summit, NJ)|
1. A method of treating multiple myeloma, which comprises administering, on a 28 day cycle, to a patient having multiple myeloma: (a) about 25 mg per day of a compound of
the formula: ##STR00010## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt or solvate thereof, for 21 consecutive days followed by seven consecutive days of rest from administration of the compound, and; (b) 40 mg per day of dexamethasone on days 1 though 4 in the
28 day cycle, wherein the patient has received previous therapy for multiple myeloma.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the multiple myeloma is relapsed multiple myeloma.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the multiple myeloma is refractory multiple myeloma.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the multiple myeloma is relapsed and refractory multiple myeloma.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the patient has demonstrated disease progression on the previous therapy.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the compound is ##STR00011## and is not a pharmaceutically acceptable salt or solvate thereof.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein the compound is a pharmaceutically acceptable salt.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein the compound is a pharmaceutically acceptable solvate.
9. The method of claim 1, wherein the compound is administered orally.
10. The method of claim 1, wherein the compound is administered in the form of a capsule.
11. The method of claim 1, wherein the compound is administered in the form of a tablet.
12. The method of claim 10, wherein the capsule comprises the compound, lactose anhydrous, microcrystalline cellulose, croscarmellose sodium and magnesium stearate.
13. The method of claim 1, wherein the dexamethasone is administered orally.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.