Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Liquid pharmaceutical formulations of palonosetron|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to shelf-stable liquid formulations of palonosetron for reducing chemotherapy and radiotherapy induced emesis with palonosetron. The formulations are particularly useful in the preparation of intravenous and oral liquid medicaments.|
|Inventor(s):||Calderari; Giorgio (Rancate, CH), Bonadeo; Daniele (Varese, IT), Cannella; Roberta (Varese, IT), Miksztal; Andrew (Palo Alto, CA), Malefyt; Thomas (Carmel Valley, CA), Lee; Kathleen (Palo Alto, CA)|
|Assignee:||Helsinn Healthcare SA (Lugano/Pazzallo, CH) Roche Palo Alto LLC (Palo Alto, CA)|
1. A method of manufacturing and terminally sterilizing a finished single unit dose vial of palonosetron or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof comprising: a)
providing one or more sterile open containers; b) filling said containers with a pharmaceutically stable solution of palonosetron or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof; c) sealing said filled containers; d) terminally sterilizing said sealed,
filled containers; and e) optionally adjusting the pH of said solution using HCl or NaOH prior to step (c), wherein the pharmaceutically stable solution has a pH of from about 4.0 to about 6.0 and comprises palonosetron hydrochloride in a concentration
of from about 0.03 mg/mL to about 0.2 mg/mL based on the weight of the free base, an aqueous carrier, and a tonicity agent, and wherein the pharmaceutically stable solution optionally comprises one or a combination of mannitol, a chelating agent, and a
2. The method of claim 1, wherein said solution comprises 0.05 mg/ml of palonosetron hydrochloride based on the weight of the free base.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein said solution comprises HCl or NaOH as a pH adjusting agent.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein said solution has a pH of from 4.5 to 5.5, HCl or NaOH as a pH adjusting agent, and mannitol.
5. A single unit dose of palonosetron hydrochloride made by the method of claim 4.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein said solution has a pH of from 4.5 to 5.5, HCl or NaOH as a pH adjusting agent, a chelating agent and mannitol.
7. A single unit dose of palonosetron hydrochloric made by the method of claim 6.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein said solution comprises HCl or NaOH as a pH adjusting agent, a chelating agent and mannitol.
9. The method of claim 1, wherein said solution comprises a chelating agent and mannitol.
10. The method of claim 1, wherein said solution comprises a chelating agent.
11. The method of claim 1, wherein said solution comprises mannitol.
12. A single unit dose of palonosetron hydrochloride made by the method of claim 1.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.