Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Abstract:||The invention relates to a hand-held device (1), as depicted in exemplary FIG. 4, for metered dispensing of sprayable substances, particularly medicaments for inhalation, with a cartridge (3) that can be moved into the dispensing position, by pressure being applied to a housing, and with a step-by-step indexing mechanism (11) which is entrained by the cartridge (3) in the opening travel thereof and which is used to record and display the dispensing actuations that have been performed. In order to suitably design a hand-held device of the type in question with a simplified structure, in such a way that the indexing steps can be performed smoothly and safely without connection to the cartridge, it is proposed that slits (19) extend obliquely only over part of the travel of the step-by-step indexing mechanism housing (34) and that the guide pins (33) guided therein move, over the remainder of the travel of the step-by-step indexing mechanism (11), parallel to the longitudinal axis (x-x) of the step-by-step indexing mechanism.|
|Inventor(s):||Von Schuckmann; Alfred (Kevelaer, DE), Hochrainer; Dieter (Schmallenberg, DE), Hoelz; Hubert (Oberheimbach, DE)|
|Assignee:||Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH (Ingelheim am Rhein, DE)|
1. Hand-held device (1) for metered dispensing of sprayable substances that are medicaments for inhalation, having a cartridge (3) that during an opening stroke is
movable into a dispensing position in a housing (2) by pressing and a step-by-step indexing mechanism (11) that is also moved by the cartridge (3) during the opening stroke of said cartridge (3), for registering and displaying the number of dispensing
actuations carried out, said step-by-step indexing mechanism (11) having a graduated collar (26) arranged circumferentially, concentrically with respect to a valve tube (5), in front of an inspection window (36, 47, 48) and a disc (15) with teeth on its
underside into which two step-by-step indexing pawls (28) engage as a housing (34) of the step-by-step indexing mechanism is axially moved, which is forced into a rotary movement by guide pins (33) movable in diagonal slots (19), characterised in that
the diagonal path of the slots (19) extends over only part of the stroke height of the step-by-step indexing mechanism housing (34) and the guide pins (33) move over the remaining travel of the step-by-step indexing mechanism (11) parallel to the
longitudinal axis (x-x) of the step-by-step indexing mechanism, wherein the disc (15) further comprises a tubal bearing (50) that extends axially toward the housing (34) and above a sunwheel (14) which rests on disk (15).
2. Hand-held device according to claim 1, characterised in that the guide pins are guided in the slots with play over the remainder of the stroke.
3. Hand-hold device according to claim 1, characterised in that there are two step-by-step indexing pawls (28) and in that the step-by-step indexing mechanism comprises a latching pawl (20) which engages in the region between the two step-by-step indexing pawls (28) in the same teeth (21) as the step-by-step indexing pawls (28).
4. Hand-held device according to claim 1, characterised in that a spring tension that opposes the opening stroke is contained within the step-by-step indexing pawls.
5. Hand-held device according to claim 1, characterised in that the step-by-step indexing mechanism housing (34) is guided in linear manner in the housing (2).
6. Hand-held device according to claim 5, characterised in that the guiding is achieved by means of a guide fin (49) in a vertical groove.
7. Hand-held device according to claim 1, characterised in that the slots (19) are formed in a non-rotatably secured ring (17) in the shape of a tube section, the ring (17) comprising an edge (51) which supports the housing (34) of the step-by-step indexing mechanism.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.