|Title:||Polymer-based sustained release device|
|Abstract:||This invention relates to compositions for the sustained release of biologically active polypeptides, and methods of forming and using said compositions, for the sustained release of biologically active polypeptides. The sustained release compositions of this invention comprise a biocompatible polymer having dispersed therein, a biologically active polypeptide and a sugar.|
|Inventor(s):||Wright; Steven G. (Madeira, OH), Christensen; Troy (Mason, OH), Yeoh; Thean (Salem, CT), Rickey; Michael E. (Morrow, OH), Hotz; Joyce M. (Cincinnati, OH), Kumar; Rajesh (Marlborough, MA), Costantino; Henry R. (Woodinville, WA)|
|Assignee:||Alkermes Pharma Ireland Limited (Dublin, IE)|
1. An injectable composition for sustained release of a glucoregulatory polypeptide, comprising: a biocompatible polymer having the glucoregulatory polypeptide
dispersed therein so as to be present at about 0.5 to 5% (w/w) of the weight of the composition, and a sugar dispersed therein so as to be present at about 0.1 to 5% (w/w) of the weight of the composition, wherein the injectable composition is free from
additional ingredients that alter the rate of release of the glucoregulatory polypeptide from the injectable composition.
2. The injectable composition of claim 1, wherein the composition has a release profile in which the C.sub.max of the glucoregulatory peptide occurs between day 21 and day 28.
3. A method of treating a patient suffering from Type 2 diabetes, comprising administering a therapeutically effective amount of the injectable composition of claim 1.
4. A method of treating a patient suffering from a condition selected from the group consisting of Type 2 diabetes, impaired glucose tolerance, obesity, and cardiovascular disorder, the method comprising administering a therapeutically effective amount of the injectable composition of claim 1.
5. The method of claim 4, wherein the composition has a release profile in which the C.sub.max of the glucoregulatory peptide occurs between day 21 and day 28.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.