DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,426,392
|Title:||Method for providing emergency contraception|
|Abstract:||The invention provides a method for providing emergency contraception in a female subject, comprising providing the subject with a therapeutically effective amount of ulipristal acetate in an oral dosage form before, during or after a meal. The invention further provides a kit comprising i) an oral dosage form comprising ulipristal acetate and ii) a printed matter stating that ulipristal acetate may be taken with or without food.|
|Inventor(s):||Gainer; Erin (Paris, FR), Mathe; Henri Camille (Paris, FR)|
|Assignee:||Laboratoire HRA-Pharma (Paris, FR)|
|Patent Litigation and PTAB cases:||See patent lawsuits and PTAB cases for patent 8,426,392|
1. A method for providing emergency contraception in a female subject, comprising the step of administering to the subject after unprotected intercourse a
therapeutically effective amount of ulipristal acetate ranging from about 20 mg to about 30 mg in an oral dosage form with food.
2. The method of claim 1 wherein the ulipristal acetate is administered before or after food ingestion.
3. The method of claim 1 wherein the food has a high fat content.
4. The method of claim 1 wherein the oral dosage form is a tablet.
5. The method of claim 1 wherein the dosage form comprises 30 mg ulipristal acetate.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein ulipristal acetate is administered to the subject within 72 hours after unprotected intercourse.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein ulipristal acetate is administered simultaneously with food ingestion.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein the oral dosage form is a tablet comprising from 3% to 18% by weight of ulipristal acetate, from 60% to 95% by weight of a diluent, from 1% to 10% by weight of a binding agent, from 1% to 5.5% by weight of croscarmellose sodium and 1% to 4% by weight of magnesium stearate.
9. The method of claim 1, wherein the administration of ulipristal acetate with food results in an about 40-45% decrease in mean C.sub.max, an about 20-25% increase in mean AUC.sub.0-.infin. and a delayed median t.sub.max by at least about 1.5 hours as compared with administration of ulipristal acetate without food.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.