DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,415,337
|Title:||Ibuprofen compositions and methods of making same|
|Abstract:||The present invention provides an improved ibuprofen lysine pharmaceutical composition and a process for preparing the same.|
|Inventor(s):||Krishna; Aravind (Skillman, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Recordati Rare Diseases Inc. (Lebanon, NJ)|
1. A pharmaceutical composition comprising: a) an alkylammonium salt of ibuprofen selected from the group consisting of R ibuprofen, S-Ibuprofen and R,S-ibuprofen; b) an
aqueous, or a non-aqueous solvent; c) optionally an absence of preservative- and d) optionally the presence of an excipient; wherein: the composition is in a unit dosage form in a vial, ampoule, blister pack or prefillable delivery system, said vial,
ampoule, blister pack or prefillable delivery system comprises glass having a silicon dioxide coating or polymer coating disposed on the inner wall.
2. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein the composition can be administered parenterally.
3. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein there is an absence of preservative.
4. The pharmaceutical composition of 1, wherein there is a presence of excipient.
5. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, where in the environment for keeping is inert such that the pharmaceutical composition has less than about 5 .mu.g/L of ibuprofen aluminum salt precipitate.
6. A pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein the composition is in a vial and the polymer coating is comprised of Teflon.RTM..
7. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein the composition is in a vial and the coating is comprised of silicon dioxide.
8. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein the liquid unit dosage form is a mixture selected from the group consisting of a solution, suspension, dispersion and emulsion.
9. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein the alkylammonium salt is selected from a group consisting of d,l-lysine, l-lysine, d-lysine, tromethamine, and meglumine.
10. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein the alkylammonium salt is selected from the group consisting of d,l-lysine, l-lysine and d-lysine.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.