Generated: April 27, 2017
|Title:||Method for treating a pulmonary hypertension condition|
|Abstract:||A method for treating a pulmonary hypertension condition such as pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) in a subject comprises administering to the subject a therapeutically effective amount of ambrisentan, wherein, at baseline, time from first diagnosis of the condition in the subject is not greater than about 2 years.|
|Inventor(s):||Gerber; Michael J. (Denver, CO), Dufton; Christopher (Nederland, CO)|
|Assignee:||Gilead Colorado, Inc. (Westminster, CO)|
1. A method for treating pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) in a human subject, comprising administering a therapeutically effective amount of ambrisentan to the subject
in combination with a therapeutically effective amount of a phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE5) inhibitor selected from sildenafil, tadalafil and vardenafil, wherein an initiation of administration of ambrisentan and the PDE5inhibitor is not greater than about 2
years from first diagnosis of the PAH in the subject.
2. The method of claim 1 , wherein the PAH is of WHO Class II, III or IV.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the subject has idiopathic PAH.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the subject has non-idiopathic PAH.
5. The method of claim 4, wherein the non-idiopathic PAH is secondary to scleroderma, systemic lupus erythematosus, anorexigen use or HIV infection.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the subject has at least one of (a) mean PAP of at least about 25 mmHg at rest or at least about 30 mmHg while exercising, (b) pulmonary vascular resistance (PVR) of at least about 3 mmHg/L/min, and/or (c) pulmonary capillary wedge pressure (PCWP) or left ventricle end diastolic pressure (LVEDP) not greater than about 15 mmHg.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein the PDE5 inhibitor comprises tadalafil.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein the ambrisentan is administered in a daily dosage amount of about 1 mg to about 25 mg.
9. The method of claim 1, wherein the ambrisentan is administered in a daily dosage amount of about 2.5 mg to about 10 mg.
10. The method of claim 1, wherein the ambrisentan and the PDE5inhibitor are administered in one dosage form for administration at the same time.
11. The method of claim 1, wherein the ambrisentan and the PDE5inhibitor are administered separately at different times.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.