Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Liquid formulations of bendamustine|
|Abstract:||Stable liquid formulations of bendamustine, and pharmaceutically acceptable salts thereof, and polar aprotic solvents, are described.|
|Inventor(s):||Drager; Anthony S. (Thorndale, PA), Labell; Rachel Y. (Coatesville, PA), Patel; Piyush R. (Wallingford, PA)|
|Assignee:||Cephalon, Inc. (Frazer, PA)|
1. A stable, non-aqueous liquid, pharmaceutical formulation comprising from about 5 mg/ml to about 120 mg/mL of bendamustine, or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof,
solubilized in about 66% (v/v) of dimethylacetamide and about 34% (v/v) of propylene glycol, wherein said formulation, following dilution with a pharmaceutically acceptable diluent, is suitable for injection into a patient without lyophilization.
2. The formulation of claim 1, comprising about 100 mg/mL of bendamustine, or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
3. The formulation of claim 1, wherein the bendamustine is bendamustine hydrochloride.
4. The formulation of claim 1, further comprising at least one pharmaceutically acceptable excipient or diluent.
5. The formulation of claim 1, further comprising an antioxidant, a surfactant, a lipid, a filler, an organic acid, a hydrophilic polymer, a complexing agent, a preservative, or a combination thereof.
6. A method of treating chronic lymphocytic leukemia or non-Hodgkin's lymphoma comprising providing a liquid, pharmaceutical formulation of claim 1; diluting the liquid pharmaceutical formulation with a pharmaceutically acceptable injectable diluent to form an injectable pharmaceutical preparation; administering the injectable pharmaceutical preparation to a patient in need of treatment thereof.
7. The method of claim 6, wherein the liquid pharmaceutical formulation comprises about 100 mg/mL of bendamustine, or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
8. The method of claim 6, wherein the pharmaceutically acceptable injectable diluent is 0.9% sodium chloride.
9. The formulation of claim 2, comprising 90 mg/mL of bendamustine hydrochloride.
10. The method of claim 7, comprising 90 mg/mL of bendamustine hydrochloride.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.