Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Abstract:||A therapeutic foam for the treatment of, inter alia, varicose veins comprises a sclerosing solution foamed with a physiological gas such as carbon dioxide, oxygen or a mixture thereof. The foam has a nitrogen content of less than 0.8%. It may be generated using a pressurized canister system incorporating a fine mesh of micron dimensions through which the gas and sclerosing liquid are passed to make the foam. Alternatively, the foam may be generated by passing gas and solution between two syringes through a fine mesh. Techniques are described for minimizing the amount of nitrogen in a canister or syringe based product. A technique for generating and delivering foam simultaneously using a syringe based device is also disclosed.|
|Inventor(s):||Wright; David Dakin Iorwerth (Buckinghamshire, GB), Harman; Anthony David (Oxfordshire, GB), Robinson; Nikki (Uxbridge, GB), Hodges; Garry (Middlesex, GB), Kadar; Adil (Middlesex, GB), Moggridge; Geoffrey D. (Cambridge, GB), Van Liew; Hugh (Bamstable, MA)|
|Assignee:||BTG International Ltd. (London, GB)|
1. A foam comprising a liquid phase and a gas phase wherein the foam is obtained by mixing the liquid phase and gas phase and wherein the liquid phase comprises at
least one sclerosing agent and the gas phase consists essentially of 0.01% to 0.8% vol/vol nitrogen, 10 to 90% vol/vol carbon dioxide, and the remaining gas oxygen.
2. The foam of claim 1, wherein the nitrogen is present in an amount ranging from 0.01% to 0.7%.
3. The foam of claim 1, wherein the nitrogen is present in an amount ranging from 0.01% to 0.6%.
4. The foam of claim 1, wherein the at least one sclerosing agent is chosen from polidocanol, glycerol, sodium tetradecyl sulfate, or a mixture thereof.
5. The foam of claim 1, wherein the at least one sclerosing agent is polidocanol.
6. The foam of claim 5, wherein polidocanol is present in a concentration ranging from 0.5 to 4% vol/vol of the liquid phase.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.