DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Get the DrugPatentWatch Daily Briefing
» See Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,314,083
|Title:||Non-sedating antihistamine injection formulations and methods of use thereof|
|Abstract:||Disclosed are injectable formulations of cetirizine for treating acute allergic reactions and methods for treating acute allergic reactions. In particular, an intravenous injectable is disclosed as are methods of treating acute allergic reactions therewith.|
|Inventor(s):||Du; Jie (Lansdale, PA)|
|Assignee:||JDP Therapeutics, Inc. (Lansdale, PA)|
1. A method for treating angioedema associated with an acute allergic reaction comprising: administering to a patient in an emergency situation in need of such treatment an
injection composition comprising racemic cetirizine or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, in an amount of effective to treat said angioedema associated with an acute allergic reaction, wherein the injection composition is an aqueous solution
having a pH of 3 to 9, and wherein administering comprises administration of 1 to 20 mg of racemic cetirizine.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein said injection comprises: about 0.1% to about 2% w/v of cetirizine or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof; about 0.1 to about 0.9% w/v NaCl; with pH adjusted to about 3 to about 9; and Q.S. water.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein said injection is an intravenous injection comprising: about 1% w/v cetirizine or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof; about 0.65% w/v NaCl; and adjusted to about pH 5.4; in a 1 mL single dosage form.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein administering the cetirizine injection while minimizes sedation, is free of hemolytic potential, and does not demonstrate an effect on the QTc interval.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein administering is intravenous.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein administering is intramuscular.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein the 90% confidence limits of a ratio of a logarithmic transformed geometric mean of AUC.sub.0-INF for the injectable composition to a logarithmic transformed geometric mean of AUC.sub.0-INF for a reference oral product of cetirizine are 0.80 to 1.25.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein the injectable composition of cetirizine has a 90% confidence interval around the difference in the reduction of at least one symptom of angioedema associated with an acute allergic reaction to a reference injectable formulation, for the per protocol evaluable population, within about -30.00 to about +30.00.
9. The method of claim 8, wherein the reference injectable formulation is a 12.5-150 mg dose of a 50 mg/mL diphenydramine injectable formulation.
10. The method of claim 1, wherein the injectable composition further comprises a second active agent comprising ranitidine, cimetidine, epinephrine, methylprednisolone, prednisolone, or a combination thereof.
11. The method of claim 1, wherein the patient is a human or animal patient.
12. The method of claim 1, wherein the acute allergic reaction is anaphylaxis.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.