DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,303,986
|Title:||Hydrophilic/lipophilic polymeric matrix dosage formulation|
|Abstract:||An oral dosage form comprising a pharmaceutical tablet of one or more layers, one of which carries a biologically active substance; the formulation of said tablet includes different percentages of hydrophilic and lipophilic polymeric materials, and adjuvant substances. The tablets of the present invention show a release rate which is independent from the amounts of active substance present in the tablet.|
|Inventor(s):||Vergnault; Guy (Kembs, FR), Grenier; Pascal (Kappelen, FR), Maggi; Lauretta (Pavia, IT), Conte; Ubaldo (Busto Arsizio, IT)|
|Assignee:||Jagotec AG (Muttenz, CH)|
1. A controlled release tablet comprising an amount of ropinirole, inclusive of pharmaceutically acceptable salts, which tablet exhibits a release rate over approximately 24 hours in
vitro as measured using equipment 2, paddle (USP XXIII), working at 100 rpm and utilizing as dissolution fluid 500 ml of an aqueous buffer solution of citrate (pH 4.0) at 37.degree. C., and which tablet has an in vitro dissolution profile; wherein the
release rate of ropinirole as a percentage is independent of the amount of ropinirole in said tablet, and wherein the tablet comprises one active layer having a weight, said active layer containing: (i) 0.75 mg to 12.0 mg ropinirole, inclusive of
pharmaceutically acceptable salts, measured as ropinirole base present; (ii) hydrophilic polymeric substances that gel and/or swell and/or erode upon contact with aqueous liquids; (iii) lipophilic substances; and (iv) adjuvant substances; wherein the
hydrophilic polymeric substances and the lipophilic substances contained in said active layer, expressed as a weight ratio (w/w), ranges from 10:1 to 0.5:1.
2. The controlled release tablet according to claim 1, which has the in vitro dissolution profile shown in FIG. 13.
3. The controlled release tablet according to claim 1 or claim 2, which tablet is coated with a coating.
4. The controlled release tablet according to claim 3, wherein the coating is a film of gastroresistant and enterosoluble polymeric material.
5. The controlled release tablet according to claim 1, which contains ropinirole hydrochloride.
6. The controlled release tablet according to claim 1, wherein hydrophilic polymeric substances are present in a percentage between 30 and 75% of the weight of the active layer.
7. The controlled release tablet according to claim 1, wherein the tablet is a multi-layer tablet.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.