Manage your formulary budget
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Pharmaceutical compositions comprising nilotinib hydrochloride monohydrate|
|Abstract:||A pharmaceutical composition, especially capsules, comprising granules containing nilotinib or a salt thereof with at least one pharmaceutically acceptable excipient. The granules may be produced by a wet granulation process.|
|Inventor(s):||Bruneau; Nathalie (Cran-Gevrier, FR)|
|Assignee:||Novartis AG (Basel, CH)|
1. A method for preparing a pharmaceutical composition comprising the steps of: (a) forming a powder blend of nilotinib hydrochloride monohydrate and at least one
pharmaceutically acceptable excipient; (b) wet massing and kneading the powder blend with a granulation liquid to form moist granules; and (c) drying the moist granules to form granules.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the granulation liquid comprises water.
3. The method of claim 2 wherein the granulation liquid is present in a concentration from about 10% to about 25% by weight of the powder blend.
4. The method of claim 1, further comprising the step of sieving the granules.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the moist granules are dried to a loss on drying value less than or equal to about two percent by weight of the moist granules prior to drying.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein said powder blend comprises a surfactant.
7. The method of claim 6, wherein said surfactant is a poloxamer.
8. The method of claim 7, wherein said poloxamer is poloxamer 188.
9. The method of claim 1, wherein the powder blend consists of nilotinib hydrochloride monohydrate, lactose monohydrate and polyvinyl pyrrolidone.
10. A pharmaceutical composition produced by the method according to claim 1.
11. A pharmaceutical composition produced by the method according to claim 8.
12. A pharmaceutical composition produced by the method according to claim 9.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.