Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Anticipate generic drug launch
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Device for readying a needle free injector for delivery|
|Abstract:||A needle-free injector device comprising a latch having a safe position which disables the triggering of the device, and a ready position which restrains movement of a dispensing member but enables triggering and a triggered position which permits movement of the dispensing member is disclosed. An additional safety mechanism blocks the triggering of the device until removed. A cap is provided to maintain the sterility and stability of the drug formulation and is configured such that the cap removal is required prior to placing the device in a ready to trigger state.|
|Inventor(s):||Schuster; Jeffrey A. (Oakland, CA), Bridges; Paul Stuart (Menlo Park, CA), Gibbins; Graham (Emeryville, CA), Reid; Nicola (Emeryville, CA)|
|Assignee:||Zogenix, Inc. (Emeryville, CA)|
1. A needle-free injector comprised of a drug capsule, a compressed gas, a piston and an injector orifice; comprising: a cap covering the injection orifice of the
injector; and a mechanism for changing the injector from a safe position to a ready position to a triggering position; wherein the cap is broken off before the injector is placed in the ready to deliver state.
2. The device as claimed in claim 1, wherein the mechanism for changing the injector from the safe position to the ready position comprises a latch and wherein the device further comprises a mechanism for moving the latch from a latch safe position to a latch ready position, wherein the mechanism for moving the latch comprise a pin and a means for actuating the pin, wherein, upon actuating the pin, the pin pushes the latch from the latch safe position to the latch ready position.
3. The device as claimed in claim 2, wherein the means for actuating the pin comprises a lever movable from a lever safe position to a lever ready position, and a collar at least partially encircling the injector, wherein actuating the lever moves the collar which moves the pin against the latch wherein the latch is moved from the latch safe position to the latch ready position.
4. The device as claimed in claim 3, wherein the mechanism for changing the injector from the safe position to the ready position to a triggering position, further comprises: an additional safety mechanism to prevent triggering of the injector; wherein moving of the lever from the lever safe position to the lever ready position moves the collar; and wherein the additional safety mechanism is disengaged when the collar moves under the action of the lever moving from the lever safe position to the lever ready position.
5. The device as claimed in claim 4, wherein the additional safety mechanism is configured in a block shape to prevent triggering of the device by blocking the relative movement of components that cause the device to change from the ready position to the triggering position.
6. The device as claimed in claim 3, wherein moving of the lever exposes a button, wherein pressing of the button causes delivery of the injector contents.
7. The device as claimed in claim 3, wherein the lever is movable only after the cap is removed, wherein rotating the lever places the injector in the ready position.
8. The device of claim 3, wherein the end of the lever is attached to the cap, and a base of the lever actuates a safety mechanism.
9. The device of claim 3, configured such that when the cap is removed, the end of the lever is exposed, allowing the lever to pivot, thereby placing the device in the ready position.
10. The device as claimed in claim 3, wherein the mechanism for changing the injector from the safe position to the ready position, further comprises: an additional safety mechanism to prevent triggering of the injector wherein the additional safety mechanism is disengaged when the lever is actuated.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.