Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Solid pharmaceutical dosage form|
|Abstract:||A solid pharmaceutical dosage form providing improved oral bioavailability is disclosed for inhibitors of HIV protease. In particular, the dosage form comprises a solid dispersion of at least one HIV protease inhibitor and at least one pharmaceutically acceptable water-soluble polymer and at least one pharmaceutically acceptable surfactant, said pharmaceutically acceptable water-soluble polymer having a Tg of at least about 50.degree. C. Preferably, the pharmaceutically acceptable surfactant has an HLB value of from about 4 to about 10.|
|Inventor(s):||Rosenberg; Joerg (Ellerstadt, DE), Reinhold; Ulrich (Heidelberg, DE), Liepold; Bernd (Dossenheim, DE), Berndl; Gunther (Herxheim, DE), Breitenbach; Joerg (Mannheim, DE), Alani; Laman (Foster City, CA), Ghosh; Soumojeet (Gurnee, IL)|
|Assignee:||Abbott Laboratories (Abbott Park, IL)|
1. A solid pharmaceutical dosage form comprising a solid dispersion, wherein said solid dispersion comprises (1) sorbitan monolaurate, (2) at least one pharmaceutically
acceptable water-soluble polymer having a Tg of at least 50.degree. C., (3) colloidal silica (4) at least one HIV protease inhibitor, and wherein said at least one HIV protease inhibitor comprises ritonavir, and said dosage form comprises from 50 to 85%
by weight of the total dosage form of said at least one pharmaceutically acceptable water-soluble polymer.
2. The dosage form of claim 1, wherein said at least one pharmaceutically acceptable water-soluble polymer comprises copovidone.
3. The dosage form of claim 1, wherein said dosage form comprises from 2 to 20% by weight of the total dosage form of sorbitan monolaurate, and wherein said at least one pharmaceutically acceptable water-soluble polymer is copovidone.
4. The dosage form of claim 1, wherein said solid dispersion is a solid solution.
5. The dosage form of claim 3, wherein said solid dispersion is a solid solution.
6. The dosage form of claim 1, wherein said dosage form is prepared by a process comprising solidifying a melt, said melt comprising sorbitan monolaurate, said at least one pharmaceutically acceptable water-soluble polymer, and ritonavir.
7. The dosage form of claim 1, wherein said solid dispersion is prepared by melt-extrusion, spray-drying or solution-evaporation.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.