Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Anticipate generic drug launch
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
|Title:||Compounds and methods for delivery of prostacyclin analogs|
|Abstract:||This invention pertains generally to prostacyclin analogs and methods for their use in promoting vasodilation, inhibiting platelet aggregation and thrombus formation, stimulating thrombolysis, inhibiting cell proliferation (including vascular remodeling), providing cytoprotection, preventing atherogenesis and inducing angiogenesis. Generally, the compounds and methods of the present invention increase the oral bioavailability and circulating concentrations of treprostinil when administered orally. Compounds of the present invention have the following formula. ##STR00001##|
|Inventor(s):||Phares; Ken (Chapel Hill, NC), Mottola; David (Cary, NC)|
|Assignee:||United Therapeutics Corporation (Silver Spring, MD)|
1. A pharmaceutical formulation comprising a therapeutically effective amount of a diethanolamine salt of treprostinil and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
2. The pharmaceutical formulation according to claim 1, further comprising a p-glycoprotein inhibitor.
3. The pharmaceutical formulation according to claim 1, wherein the formulation exists in a dosage form selected from a capsule, tablet, liquid, or suspension.
4. The pharmaceutical formulation of claim 1, wherein the diethanolamine salt of treprostinil comprises a diethanolamine salt of (+)-treprostinil.
5. The pharmaceutical formulation of claim 1, wherein the diethanolamine salt of treprostinil comprises a polymorph of a diethanolamine salt of (+)-treprostinil, which polymorph melts at 107.degree. C.