DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
Try a free trial
See Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,252,839
|Title:||Compounds and methods for delivery of prostacyclin analogs|
|Abstract:||This invention pertains generally to prostacyclin analogs and methods for their use in promoting vasodilation, inhibiting platelet aggregation and thrombus formation, stimulating thrombolysis, inhibiting cell proliferation (including vascular remodeling), providing cytoprotection, preventing atherogenesis and inducing angiogenesis. Generally, the compounds and methods of the present invention increase the oral bioavailability and circulating concentrations of treprostinil when administered orally. Compounds of the present invention have the following formula. ##STR00001##|
|Inventor(s):||Phares; Ken (Chapel Hill, NC), Mottola; David (Cary, NC)|
|Assignee:||United Therapeutics Corporation (Silver Spring, MD)|
1. A pharmaceutical formulation comprising a therapeutically effective amount of a diethanolamine salt of treprostinil and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
2. The pharmaceutical formulation according to claim 1, further comprising a p-glycoprotein inhibitor.
3. The pharmaceutical formulation according to claim 1, wherein the formulation exists in a dosage form selected from a capsule, tablet, liquid, or suspension.
4. The pharmaceutical formulation of claim 1, wherein the diethanolamine salt of treprostinil comprises a diethanolamine salt of (+)-treprostinil.
5. The pharmaceutical formulation of claim 1, wherein the diethanolamine salt of treprostinil comprises a polymorph of a diethanolamine salt of (+)-treprostinil, which polymorph melts at 107.degree. C.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.